What to do after rooting Thunderbolt

smark22

Reaction score
I just rooted my thunderbolt a few days ago, and now I want to flash a ROM to it, but I'm just a bit confused about how the radio flashing works. My current baseband is 1.16.00.0223r, does that mean I'm running MR1, or a previous? I would like MR2, but does flashing that radio give me the 7/8/11 update? Any clarification on this would be very helpful, I'm coming from a Droid X, so kernels and radios are just a little bit foreign to me still =P
Edit: Also, what is Chingy's 2.xx.xxx.x radio? What exactly is the difference between that, MR2, MR2.5, and MR2.75?

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I believe what you have is the mr2 radio. Flashing the mr2 radio will not give you the recent update, it will only change the radio. However the mr2 is only compatible with gingerbread so if you flash it while on froyo, it will leave you with no service. You will need to flash the mr2 and a gingerbread rom together.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The only way you could use it on froyo is if a dev got the radio working with their build and so far I have yet to see it.

OP
S

smark22

Reaction score
Oh, okay, I'm understanding this now. So is the .675 radio based off of MR2, so that CM7 and Das Bamf Sense 3.0 still work? And is it more stable than MR2?
Or, now that I think about it, is that the 2.75 radio?

Last edited:

BWJunior

Reaction score
The only way you could use it on froyo is if a dev got the radio working with their build and so far I have yet to see it.

DAS Bamf's 1.8.6 ROM both regular and Remix are 2 examples of Froyo ROM's that use the MR2 radio. I am currently running the Remix right now using the OTA MR2 radio and can assure you it works just fine.