What smart actions do you have set?

eric.scheman

Reaction score
I wanted to see what smart actions everyone has set on thier razr that helps them with their daily routine or to help save battery life. Include triggers and actions.

jtpowell

Reaction score
Anyplace I visit regularly that I've got a saved access point for

Triggers: Access Point name
Actions:
GPS OFF
Display Timeout 2
Cellular Data Disable

Trigger
Charging Any Source

Action:
Wifi On
Cellular Data Enable
Background Sync Enable
Display Timeout 10

Triggers for my Nightime Battery Saver
Time Night
Display Off
Not Charging
No Movement

Action
No Background Sync
No Cellular Data
Wifi Off

OP
E

eric.scheman

Reaction score
Anyplace I visit regularly that I've got a saved access point for

Triggers: Access Point name
Actions:
GPS OFF
Display Timeout 2
Cellular Data Disable

Trigger
Charging Any Source

Action:
Wifi On
Cellular Data Enable
Background Sync Enable
Display Timeout 10

Triggers for my Nightime Battery Saver
Time Night
Display Off
Not Charging
No Movement

Action
No Background Sync
No Cellular Data
Wifi Off

Now when you disable cellular data can you still receive phone calls, text, and emails?

mikera67

Reaction score
I believe so, I tried a rule out today and could send and receive txt messages,I was worried about the same thing. Why does the wifi trigger sometimes not selectable? Earlier today I couldn't use IEEE as a trigger, now its available ?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
E

eric.scheman

Reaction score
Yea I just tried it out for myself and was able to send and receive texts and receive a phone call. You need the wifi on for a lot of the smart actions especially the ones with GPS because it helps tell where your at.

mikera67

Reaction score
I hope Motorola keeps updating smart actions to include more triggers and actions, maybe some scripting would be nice as well. As is seems to work rather well, and its pretty simple to set up compared to other options, just note as powerful, which more than likely Motorola wants, quick simple method, just hope they keep an eye on it.

lobo13

Reaction score
I use. The Battery Extender smart action when display is off.

mikeawhitehead

Reaction score
I use Battery Extender, and just this afternoon it suggested I raise my ringer volume when I arrive home, so I've allowed it to do that as well.

Arsonman

Reaction score
What I found very helpful with the battery is:

Trigger:
Motion Detector

Actions:
GPS off
Background sync off
Cellular data off
wifi off

This way when the phone is sitting without motion it turns off everything and I can still get phone calls and text messages.

Deron

Reaction score
I set

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

Deron

Reaction score
I set it up where the cellular data stays off when my screen is off, but still turns on for 15 min every 4 hours so it can briefly sync and grab emails. I do this by creating blocks of time (military time) 0815 to 1200, 1215 to 1600, 1615 to 2000, and so on. I just label them as time slot a, b, c, and so forth. Then I add all those time slots to my triggers along with display off, and set action to turn off cellular data, turn off wifi, turn off GPS. Now my radios stay off when my phone screen is off, except turning on for short periods every 4 hours to grab my email. But I can still receive calls and texts anytime.

Last edited:

Falconone

Reaction score
I set it up where the cellular data stays off when my screen is off, but still turns on for 15 min every 4 hours so it can briefly sync and grab emails. I do this by creating blocks of time (military time) 0815 to 1200, 1215 to 1600, 1615 to 2000, and so on. I just label them as time slot a, b, c, and so forth. Then I add all those time slots to my triggers along with display off, and set action to turn off cellular data, turn off wifi, turn off GPS. Now my radios stay off when my phone screen is off, except turning on for short periods every 4 hours to grab my email. But I can still receive calls and texts anytime.

What's your battery life/drain with this setup?

mikera67

Reaction score
Why can't you have wireless as an action when location is the trigger? Mine is greyed out. This would be great because you could keep wifi off while out, then when arriving at home it would trigger wifi to go on. Any ideas?

Deron

Reaction score
What's your battery life/drain with this setup?

I haven't measured it directly like I am doing for my controlled battery experiments. But I can say (subjectively) that it appears to drain the battery quite slowly.

Deron

Reaction score
Why can't you have wireless as an action when location is the trigger? Mine is greyed out. This would be great because you could keep wifi off while out, then when arriving at home it would trigger wifi to go on. Any ideas?

The phone uses the wireless and wifi network to generate a fix on your location. I guess it doesn't want to use the GPS to fix the location. so it cannot shot off wireless or wifi and still keep the location trigger.

Last edited: