What should I do about this extra Droid 3 I have?

lyquist

Reaction score
This may be a little long, but I need some help...

About twelve days ago, I went to the local Verizon store wanting to buy a Droid 3. I was going to pay full price, but the salesperson said that I could get it cheaper if I added a line and got a family plan. I talked to my friend and she said she would do it, but she backed out.

So, I went back to the Verizon store to return that Droid 3, get a brand new one, and set my plan back to a single line. They told me I needed the box?? I had the receipt, just simply forgot the box.

So, I went back to the store with the box and the original Droid 3. They did not have a Droid 3 in stock, so I paid full-price and had one ordered. I received it today.

My problem is this...what is the best way to handle this? Tomorrow is the last day of my 14 days, so I am thinking about just taking the original Droid 3 back, getting my money back, minus restocking fee, and then just changing back to one line (they said I could do this).

I also cannot find anyone I trust to go on a family plan with me. I told Verizon today (the #611 number) that I was willing to keep both phones and keep the family plan if they would simply refund the original $199+tax for the phone. The guy said OK, and that he would call the local store for me. He "supposedly" did that, and said he talked to someone named "Amber". He texted me this because he said my usage controls were set in a certain way that he couldn't call me??? And yes, I still have the texts.

Anyway, maybe someone who works for Verizon Wireless can help me or enlighten me? I am not trying to get something for nothing. I have already paid FULL PRICE for one Droid 3, and wish to keep it. Thanks for your time.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
It sounds like you answered yourself. Return it get your money back and be done with it.

end of line...

Byakushiki

Reaction score
I think you can simply just return the 199.99 D3 you purchased and simply revert back to a single line. I highly doubt there would be a problem with that, as the other person that would have been involved in the family plan backed out. It should be fine as long as you have the box still.

OP
L

lyquist

Reaction score
I think u guys r right. I will return it.tomorrow. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
L

lyquist

Reaction score
One more question...will i need the receipt as well? I have the box, phone, and everything that came with it. Will that be enough? I cant find the receipt now:-( I paid with my CC. Thanks.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
You can probably just pull up a record of the purchase and you'll be fine. Receipt is preferred but a record of the purchase will usually cut it.

Sent from my cyanoblurred D2G

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
One more question...will i need the receipt as well? I have the box, phone, and everything that came with it. Will that be enough? I cant find the receipt now:-( I paid with my CC. Thanks.

They can pull the receipt from NetAce