What should I be paying for a Droid?

bosoxdanc

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm currently paying $92 and change for my plan with a 15% Gamestop employee discount, and I have Unlimited Texting, 450 Minutes, and a Protection Plan. Am I paying too much? I really feel like I am and I was hoping to get some good feedback on what I should be paying.
Thanks.
-Dan

P.S. I complained to Verizon a few weeks ago about how I was paying way too much for a phone and they told me to call back if I still feel that way, so this could prompt a call haha. :)

Beka27

Reaction score
The $92 includes your data plan?

There was a promo for 450 mins, unl. texting, unl. data for $69.99, and you kept your discount, but the deal ended a few days ago. Rumor is that it may be coming back within the next 1-2 months, but who knows?

I would call them back and maybe see if they can get you this. Maybe since your account was noted already they can bend the rules for you?

OP
B

bosoxdanc

Reaction score
Yes the $92 includes my data plan. I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask the promo you were talking about.

bart2546

Reaction score
I'm paying 72 a month which includes 29.99 unlimited data, the 10.00 text plan (which is unlimited M2M plus 500 more) the 39.99 450 peak out of network minutes and 1500 off peak out of network minutes. It's the old nationwide plan that they discontinued but I never changed haha.

Then I get a 20% discount through work of all access charges so I get 20% off of the minute plan and 20% off of the data separately.

Add in the taxes ETC and my bill comes out to about 72.11 each month. I found it cheaper to buy a base plan and add the features one at a time than to try to get a package deal. I personally don't need anymore minutes as the majority of people I talk to are on Verizon so minutes don't matter.

Regards,
Brandon
Sent from my Verizon Droid X

MrKleen

Reaction score
I am on the $69 plan but it was not available to everyone. If you call and ask about it they will say they don't know what you are talking about.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
$85+ with unlimited data/txt 450 anytime mins with 20% workplace discount.