what phone feom verizon insurance?

razorseal

Reaction score
My phone took a crap today and ill be getting t replaced by the insurance. How does the process work? And since I own the droid 1, will I be able to get the Droid 2 or maybe Droid x? And I'll have to unroot too I suppose (which I have no idea how so far)

Just curious...

Oh and what's the number to call for the insurance?

And if anyone wants to know my problem...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...tions/78109-help-cant-make-receive-calls.html

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
How are you getting it replaced by insurance when you haven't even called?....

OP
R

razorseal

Reaction score
Hoping? Lol... if I can't fix it, I doubt dude at verizon can...

OP
R

razorseal

Reaction score
So any luck for an upgrade, or will I get a refurbished Droid 1?

I know bestbuy was willing to replace my gfs Eris for an x or Droid 2... not sure about verizon insurance though.

Do you send the phone then they send u one or u send Ira back when u get the new one? Mine has no call text capability bit I'm still using gvoice and the internet so...

MrKleen

Reaction score
If your phone simply stopped working you should get it replaced by warranty not insurance. You may be able to get an upgrade by warranty but you will get crappy options by insurance.

onefourthgreek

Reaction score
assurion insurance stinks

i had a bb with vzw, and paid the $8/mo insurance for over 2 years. i fell in the water with the phone in my pocket, and toast no phone. called assurion (and did website) and found out 1) my phone was "out of stock" and they had no way of telling me how long before i would get my new phone! and 2) it would cost me $89 deductible!!

what a complete ripoff! vzw had an offer for a new bb tour (my model) for only $99, and i was eligible for my ne2 upgrade. so, i said screw assurion (and after doing some googling, found *many* other unhappy customers and they have settled a class action against them) and just bought a new droid incredible for $199 from vzw and am very happy with the upgrade!

it cost me a little more ($100), but it's totally been worth it in the end.

i also complained to vzw cust svc about the insurance they are recommending to customers. they should offer the insurance themselves, we'd get better customer svc, and they'd make a fortune, even if they had to be honorable to their customers which assurion doesnt!

assurion completely sucks in my opinion and is a complete ripoff!!

but good luck with your situation ;)

onefourthgreek

Reaction score
assurion insurance stinks

i had a bb with vzw, and paid the $8/mo insurance for over 2 years. i fell in the water with the phone in my pocket, and toast no phone. called assurion (and did website) and found out 1) my phone was "out of stock" and they had no way of telling me how long before i would get my new phone! and 2) it would cost me $89 deductible!!

what a complete ripoff! vzw had an offer for a new bb tour (my model) for only $99, and i was eligible for my ne2 upgrade. so, i said screw assurion (and after doing some googling, found *many* other unhappy customers and they have settled a class action against them) and just bought a new droid incredible for $199 from vzw and am very happy with the upgrade!

it cost me a little more ($100), but it's totally been worth it in the end.

i also complained to vzw cust svc about the insurance they are recommending to customers. they should offer the insurance themselves, we'd get better customer svc, and they'd make a fortune, even if they had to be honorable to their customers which assurion doesnt!

assurion completely sucks in my opinion and is a complete ripoff!!

but good luck with your situation ;)

Droid101

Reaction score
So any luck for an upgrade, or will I get a refurbished Droid 1?
99% chance you'll get a refurbished Droid 1. If you're very lucky, you might end up with a Droid 2 or X.

I agree you'll get a Droid 1. I would probably prefer a Droid1 over the other 2 thought just because of it having no boot lock or any type of anti rooting software.(meaning the Droid 1 cant be bricked very easily:))