What kind of case are you most likely to buy?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
As some of you know I've started a case company called DBA Cases.

I am going to create one of each type of case :

1) The minimal case for those who just want some scratch protection and grip.

2) A case with a stand.

3) A case that is very protective with silicon and some sort of hard protection.

I need to start with one of the above. But I need input from everyone as to what they most likely would buy.

Thanks,

Scott

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll go with the minimal case BUT with a holster

I have a case like that right here - it would be perfect but it's made for the standard battery (maybe even that would be tight) it also doesnt have top or bottom protection.

Actually I just put the standard in and it doesn't fit perfectly so it's made for the GSM version.

That type of case is actually very expensive to make. It definitely cannot be the first case I make but I will look into it for later on. I like the idea as well.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Case with stand - this would be the concept. Mine would look different and be a different shape of course.

[video=youtube;x93_Kx-gXz4]http://youtu.be/x93_Kx-gXz4[/video]

I find this totally cool but I may be the only one :icon_ lala:

wolfman4u

Reaction score
I really like the stand sometimes. Nice but not priority.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I like stands but I get the feeling not everyone cares.

By the way Black just went for sale on my Amazon page - search DBA Cases

xtor

Reaction score
I work as a auto tech and otterbox is my choice on my razr, + it has a kick stand

wolfman4u

Reaction score
I want a case that covers one of those 3600 batteries.

Flandry

Reaction score
I agree with 305rev305. A minimal case with a holster. To be more specific, a minimal case with protection all around, a lip around the top edge top edge to provide some protection for the glass, and a holster with a low profile clip. It also needs to fit the Verizon extended battery. No stand needed. Yes, it's a niche product. But I'm inclined to think it's a pretty big niche given that Seidio has a case of this type. Given how late you're entering the game, I think you'd do better in a niche area. Plus, Seidio is the only competitor in this one and they're very pricey.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am in the middle of designing that exact case but without the holster. It will fit the extended battery. The holster market is small and it's a very expensive product to start off with - so no holster for now. I can always add a holster option later.

I'm entering the game in the middle. Sprint will have the Nexus soon and AT&T is rumored to be getting it. This is one of the few phones that will keep going for a while.

I've designed a TPU case with a TPU stand - however it's too expensive to produce at this point and I'm not seeing as much demand as there is for the minimal type of case.

The only case I have not designed yet is the triple protection type.

I agree with 305rev305. A minimal case with a holster. To be more specific, a minimal case with protection all around, a lip around the top edge top edge to provide some protection for the glass, and a holster with a low profile clip. It also needs to fit the Verizon extended battery. No stand needed. Yes, it's a niche product. But I'm inclined to think it's a pretty big niche given that Seidio has a case of this type. Given how late you're entering the game, I think you'd do better in a niche area. Plus, Seidio is the only competitor in this one and they're very pricey.