What kernels are UD 3.3.0 using

overtwo

Reaction score
What exactly is the smartMOD governor again?

SmartMoD governor is a modified governor originally made for the hero, I modified the governor to perform better with our cpu. You can find some information on the original governor here.

What SmartMoD does, when your phone is in use, screen on, the governor will behave much like the interactive governor, but when you turn the screen off it holds the max clock speed to 350, as soon as the screen is turned on the governor jumps to 900 (or max if you're running a lower speed kernel) then resumes acting like the interactive governor.

Source

b-jammin21

Reaction score
What exactly is the smartMOD governor again?

SmartMoD governor is a modified governor originally made for the hero, I modified the governor to perform better with our cpu. You can find some information on the original governor here.

What SmartMoD does, when your phone is in use, screen on, the governor will behave much like the interactive governor, but when you turn the screen off it holds the max clock speed to 350, as soon as the screen is turned on the governor jumps to 900 (or max if you're running a lower speed kernel) then resumes acting like the interactive governor.

Source

Thanks for the link to the info. I appreciate it. So, just to clarify, the smartMoD governor holds my CPU to 350 mhz max when the screen is off, even if my min cpu setting is set to 250 mhz? Wouldn't this affect battery life? And also, what would be the advantage of holding it at 350mhz? Wouldn't any governor hold it at 250mhz (min set speed) anyways when the screen is off and the phone isn't in use?

overtwo

Reaction score
when you turn the screen off it holds the max clock speed to 350

I would assume the governor sets your MAX to 350 and leaves your MIN untouched then scales the cpu accordingly. You will have to talk with CorCor67 if you want details, I'm jus the messenger. :)

b-jammin21

Reaction score

I would assume the governor sets your MAX to 350 and leaves your MIN untouched then scales the cpu accordingly. You will have to talk with CorCor67 if you want details, I'm jus the messenger. :)

Ahh okay that makes sense. Thank you for the help though!

zoomy942

Reaction score

I'm hoping this is the case. I'm going between smartmod and conservative....

pierced_droid

Reaction score
I started with Chevy no real issues besides 3g drop after phone call switched to juiced was getting same thing. Went to Pete's Ginger Kernels and I am loving no issues what so ever.

http://www.peteralfonso.com/2011/04/download-droid-kernels-v02.html?m=1

Sent from my etch-a-sketch

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I started with Chevy no real issues besides 3g drop after phone call switched to juiced was getting same thing. Went to Pete's Ginger Kernels and I am loving no issues what so ever.

Tried Pete's kernel because it sounded great. However, it didn't work so great. I flashed the 1ghz, and it seemed that every time I opened an app, it would take longer than normal to load. Would running a higher voltage help this issue or no? Any suggestions? The kernel itself sounds really good, but I couldn't get it to run too well for me.

b-jammin21

Reaction score

Tried Pete's kernel because it sounded great. However, it didn't work so great. I flashed the 1ghz, and it seemed that every time I opened an app, it would take longer than normal to load. Would running a higher voltage help this issue or no? Any suggestions? The kernel itself sounds really good, but I couldn't get it to run too well for me.

It looks like it could've been the theme I was using. Weird that a theme could cause that issue. Steel Blue CM7. Really is a shame because that's a sick theme.

skruid

Reaction score
Use corcor smartmod kernels, they work great, running liquid and no problems, plus good battery life

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Rento

Reaction score
What happened to my post in here? It got deleted... I'm looking for another person's post about a list of kernels and his too was deleted as well. I wanted to try them out..