sapphire kernel link?

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
I've been searching for the kernel used on 2.3/2.4 but can't seem to find it. The ones on the sapphire page aren't the same as the one used on UD. Does anyone know where I can find the kernel? Slayhers kernels run too hot for me and the sapphire was good. Thanks in advance

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
So far the stock kernel in 2.5 has impressed me....though eventually im sure ill get the itch to try others...

droidcruzer

Reaction score
Have you tried P3's? I think that the sapphire ROM uses the P3 sapphire kernel. Here's the link P3 Sapphire Kernel Also, which version of slayher's and Chevy's are you running? slayher's 7 slot LV 1200 ran really cool for me. I can never get the ULV ones to load on my phone, it just goes into an infinite boot loop at the boot animation or stays at the M logo. So I just stick with the LV ones and they seem to work just fine. Chevy's ran hot for me as did P3's, but you might have better luck since no two droids are alike. I found the sapphire info on the droid forums here. That's where I found the above link. Anyway, hope this helps.

daware

Reaction score
Is the stock kernel on UD 2.5.0 still a sapphire? I noticed it has "cm-stk" in the kernel version. Is that referring to a Cyanogen stock kernel?

OP
NicoleNXD

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
I tried a p3 kernel lastnight and noticed random reboots. As for chevy's I think I tried every build and the older ones game me reboots. I can run ulv on my phone but can't seem to find my go to kernel. I have tried several slayher kernels and they all have the same result.....heating up fast. I would try the one you said you used but my phone doesn't like the 1.2. So far that sapphire kernel is the best one so far. Guess I have a picky phone...lol. I will give the kernel in the link you gave me and see how it goes. Thanks so much for your help I appreciate it.

Edit: I just put the p3 sapphire kernel on and it's giving me a reading of -1 in temp monitor. No go.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App