Those who are running Slayher 1.6 kernels....step in!

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just got a replacement droid about a week ago and my first (R.I.P.) droid loved Slayher Kernels this one...not so much. It was running well over 100F doing almost nothing, like just sitting there with 1.1LV. SO I switch to Chevy, but last night I loaded up another Slayher 1.0LV and enabled compcache and have not had an issue.

LFY Slayher kernels or Slayher v1.6? Mine runs way better using the LFY Slayher ones. :) WiFi was bogging down for me on the Slayher v1.6. On the LFY Slayher WiFi flies... lol

v1.6 and I have not had any issues at all today.

captdroid

Reaction score
Hey have you guys tried the new Slayher kernels posted in the LFY forum? I get screaming fast speed, cool temps, great battery life, and stable. Just an FYI :) Check them out! Index of /DL/LFY/KERNELS

These run way better then the Slayher 1.6 version kernels at least on CM RC5.

I thought these were the 1.6 ones. I'm running the 1000 slv out of that group. So, maybe I'm not running the same ones as the op. But, I just made 4 quadrant runs in a row and my temps didn't even hit 85 f

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Yeah i was just wondering that. Are the LFY different than the 1.6?

Yes, newer and better :)

OP
tee00max

tee00max

Reaction score
OP
tee00max

tee00max

Reaction score
Im just going to have to go through some tests the next few days and see what works out best for me..

projectrang

Reaction score
Hey have you guys tried the new Slayher kernels posted in the LFY forum? I get screaming fast speed, cool temps, great battery life, and stable. Just an FYI :) Check them out! Index of /DL/LFY/KERNELS

These run way better then the Slayher 1.6 version kernels at least on CM RC5.

I thought these were the 1.6 ones. I'm running the 1000 slv out of that group. So, maybe I'm not running the same ones as the op. But, I just made 4 quadrant runs in a row and my temps didn't even hit 85 f

No... the Slayher kernels in that link and posted on the LFY forum are newer then the v1.6 ones! That's why I call them LFY Slayher kernels :)

So, the 1100 slv out of the lfy kernels is the one that came stock with lfy 1.9 and 1.95 right? Cuz the 1100 gave me awful battery life and fairly high temps. That's why I dropped down to the 1000

captdroid

Reaction score

No... the Slayher kernels in that link and posted on the LFY forum are newer then the v1.6 ones! That's why I call them LFY Slayher kernels :)

So, the 1100 slv out of the lfy kernels is the one that came stock with lfy 1.9 and 1.95 right? Cuz the 1100 gave me awful battery life and fairly high temps. That's why I dropped down to the 1000

I forget if those came stock or not in LFY 1.9 or LFY 1.95. But I get excellent battery life running the 1.1GHz LFH Slayher kernel. But there was a guy earlier today who was shall we say less then pleased with any Slayher kernel even I think at 900... go figure.. lol

projectrang

Reaction score
I forget if those came stock or not in LFY 1.9 or LFY 1.95. But I get excellent battery life running the 1.1GHz LFH Slayher kernel. But there was a guy earlier today who was shall we say less then pleased with any Slayher kernel even I think at 900... go figure.. lol

That 1100 was the only slayher kernel I've ever had trouble with. And the 1100 ran crazy fast! I just couldn't deal with the battery temps

captdroid

Reaction score
That 1100 was the only slayher kernel I've ever had trouble with. And the 1100 ran crazy fast! I just couldn't deal with the battery temps

You know when I first tried a Slayher kernels I wasn't pleased. I think some phones can be pushed further then others as far as speed and then there are voltage level tweaks in the various kernels, etc.......

captdroid

Reaction score
So I guess nobody uses Chevy's kernels like that anymore????

I don't because last I tried Chevy's kernel that had interactive governor option it boot looped (Chevy wasn't sure why on some ROMS that was happening when he enabled interactive governor in the kernel), think that was on LFY ROM. Chevy's latest don't have interactive governor AFAIK and I use interactive.

skltr21

Reaction score
i've always used p3 kernels on UD and i love them. no issues. i've been using p3's 800 standard voltage kernel on 2.1 and this is the best my phone has ever run. battery life has pretty much tripled. no joke...... doesn't get too warm unless im using wireless tether. i tried slayher's kernels and had nothing but bad luck. guess they just didn't play nice with my phone......