What is your average amount of free ram

spindizzy

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone's amount of free ram is. I'm rooted and can not get above 125mb of free ram.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums

Rhino94

Reaction score
I'm not rooted, running GB I'm getting about 300 mb to 400 mb of ram free

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

nikecar

Reaction score
Not rooted with GB and says 143 out of a gig. I don't have too many apps, but I'm thinking that madden 11 with the extra 300gb download is effecting it.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone's amount of free ram is. I'm rooted and can not get above 125mb of free ram.

For a Sense ROM or stock that sounds about right. If you ran an AOSP build you'd have a lot more free.

OP
S

spindizzy

Reaction score
AOSP? Is that another custom rom? I really like sense and I'm running bamf forever 1.08 and I have none of the problems as with stock. What AOSP do you recommend?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
AOSP? Is that another custom rom? I really like sense and I'm running bamf forever 1.08 and I have none of the problems as with stock. What AOSP do you recommend?

AOSP stands for Android Open Source Project. It means an Android ROM built completely from source code available from Google - it is the most "vanilla" you can get, as it does not have any vendor UI enhancements such as Sense, Blur, etc.

The most popular option and the community "standard" is CyanogenMod - there are a number of other ROMs as well that most likely use the CM repo as a base.

RedSectorA

Reaction score
Stock on the first gb update (still haven't gotten the new update) I am regularly at about 350mb free.