What is Wifi?

SeeEss

Reaction score
I guess I don't understand what Wifi is and what you use it for...I keep it turned off and can access anything I need no matter where I am. What is the added advantage of turning on Wifi?

I do have wireless internet at home and originally linked my phone to it so I can turn it on if I wish but I don't know what to use it for.

Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
When you're connected to wifi you get the advantage of the wireless internets speed. Opposed to the 3g speed. It will make web browsing and downloads faster.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Jacob9424

Reaction score
I guess I don't understand what Wifi is and what you use it for...I keep it turned off and can access anything I need no matter where I am. What is the added advantage of turning on Wifi?

I do have wireless internet at home and originally linked my phone to it so I can turn it on if I wish but I don't know what to use it for.

Thanks for any help.

Well if your phone supports DLNA you can trade pictures and stuff between game systems, tvs, and computers. Other than that it is just used to help with internet speed.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
Also when your connected to WiFi you don't use any data from your cell service so if you don't have an unlimited plan it helps

Sent from my ADR6300

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Lol....well use it if you can, wifi saves battery and you will get greater internet speeds with it than with 3G. You did mention you have wifi on at home, so i guess this is a moot post

OP
S

SeeEss

Reaction score
Lol....well use it if you can, wifi saves battery and you will get greater internet speeds with it than with 3G. You did mention you have wifi on at home, so i guess this is a moot post

Actually, what I meant to say is that my house is equipped with wireless internet. I haven't been turning on the Wifi on my Droid Incredible because I didn't know what the advantage was...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Actually, what I meant to say is that my house is equipped with wireless internet. I haven't been turning on the Wifi on my Droid Incredible because I didn't know what the advantage was...

Speed and battery life

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Oh oo oh oo oh oo oh oo ohoh oohhh!
Oh oo ohoh oohhh
Oh ohhhhh oh!

droidmatic

Reaction score

Thanks for any help.

Lol. Try google... Wikipedia... Anything really.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App