Connecting to a Hidden SSID Wifi Network?

flipboi120

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get their Dinc to connect to a hidden SSID Wifi network? I even used the app Hidden SSID enabler (although the UI sucks, it supposedly works for some people), but I haven't had any luck...

I tried a multitude of combinations of turning off the wifi then adding it to my phone, or simply manually adding the network to my phone, and so many other ways...

I was also wondering if it worked on some routers and not on others? I have a Belkin N+ Router.

Pineapple95

Reaction score
I couldn't get my Dinc to connect to a hidden network so I turned on the Guest Access feature on my router and use that for my Dinc.

ManWonder

Reaction score
I simply connected via the "other network" option. Make sure you use exact case sensitive SSID.

kadaro

Reaction score
Try un-hiding the SSID, make your connection; then hide the SSID again.
Once it learns it, it works OK hidden.
Some wireless devices are tempermental and this usually helps.

Get a better grade consumer wireless router if no luck.

saz00oo

Reaction score
This is how I fixed the problem for my Incredible

I was having this issue with my Droid Incredible after getting a new Wireless router.

when I setup the wireless I choose WPA Personal and then there was an option for WPA or WPA2 and the router was suppose to allow for either depending on the device.

I changed this setting to strickly be WPA and I have had no issues getting my Incredible to connect to my hidden SSID.