What is upgrade to 2.0/2.1 all about?

blackdognorth

Reaction score
Hi. I'm a newbie here. Second post. I am close to pulling the trigger on an Eris. I understand that the upgrade fro 1.5 is close. Can anyone tell me what the major features will be? Will is appear skinned with Sense for us Eris users? Will this be a physical download via a PC? Will the devices on the verizon shelf or Wirefly start shipping with 2.0/2.1 or will it always be an upgrade by user?
And my apologies if this has been covered already; I couldn't find it in a Search.
thanks.
blackdognorth

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
Hi. I'm a newbie here. Second post. I am close to pulling the trigger on an Eris. I understand that the upgrade fro 1.5 is close. Can anyone tell me what the major features will be? Will is appear skinned with Sense for us Eris users? Will this be a physical download via a PC? Will the devices on the verizon shelf or Wirefly start shipping with 2.0/2.1 or will it always be an upgrade by user?
And my apologies if this has been covered already; I couldn't find it in a Search.
thanks.
blackdognorth

Well the firstthing is an Eris will be upgraded to 2.0 not 2.1 the only difference is the way the phones are set up the Eris has a smaller screen the the Droid And no phisical key board also the touch buttons are diferently laid out but if I was you I would go with the/moto droid its so much better in my opinion and you get the 2.1 update sooner as well i t may be more but look at what you get and if you get eitgher one get 3g it makes you phone a lot faster ;D

OP
B

blackdognorth

Reaction score
And if I buy a new Eris tomorrow, will I need to d/l 2.0 thru my PC?

Regarding the poster who suggested the Droid instead, I'm not 100% sure I wouldn't. I like the bigger denser screen and the processor is a BIT faster, but the form factor is a bit clunky. I really do not mind the weight, it's just that the device itself seems a bit like a prototype before the fine-tune industrial designer guys got hold of it. AND, the stock Android is not as graphically attractive/innovative as the Sense overlay. And I don't think I really need the physical keyboard. And it's more than $100 cheaper. I not that last, because in the long term it's not than important. But all those factors have me leaning to the Eris. If the Eris had the 3.7 inch 360x840 screen, ro whatever it is, there wouldn't be any hesitation.

Anyway, to my original question, will the 2.0 be a physical download to the PC? Is it ready now?

[edit] Pardon, one more question. I'm looking around the forums here and starting to get confused. Is DROID getting a 2.1 update that will have Sense UI? Is there any way to have Sense UI on the DROID? If that device gets Sense, then it really becomes all about form-factor.

Last edited: