What is the best screen protector?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

tktouch12

Reaction score

chops

Reaction score
I have the zagg for my droid and wifes eris and find no problem with it, they sent a replacement when i needed it for my droid. The installation can get wierd u have to have your finger tips wet at all times and the screen protecter and the screen or finger prints happen.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Don't really have a favorite or can say which is the best. But I currently have a Phantom Skinz on my Droid and like it. Not tacky or rubbery feeling like the Zagg and no orange peel effect. And it resists fingerprints. Not completely but it takes alot longer for the screen to look smudged up than it did with the naked screen. I have also used Invisible Gadget Guard in the past on another phone with similar results.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
What is the best screen protector?
First off, you always need to qualify what you mean by "best". On its own it doesn't mean anything and you're just going to get fanboy responses.

If you look at existing threads you'll notice that there's definitely some subjective preference involved. I recommend reading those threads and trying to determine whose opinions seem to be in line with yours.

I like Zagg but the orange peel, "stickiness", streaks, bubbles, lint, etc aren't issues in my opinion and experience. For others they're deal breakers. I do have to point out that I've applied a lot of Zagg protectors and your ability to apply the protector will affect your experience. You'll also find that any option has its pros and cons (much like anything in life).

MaXKiLLz

Reaction score
I installed the Boxwave Crystal last night using the 'steamed bathroom' trick. Went on very easily with no lint, no bubbles, no loss of sensitivity. It is 100% invisible. Looks exactly like naked glass. BTW, the Boxwave Crystal I installed on my Dell Axim x30 still hasn't peeled after more than 3 years. It's been sitting in a hot garage for the last year and a half.

Sp3aK

Reaction score
I tried a Zagg protector TWICE and messed up both times installing. I was really frustrated because it just wouldn't go on right. I did get the rest of the pieces installed to protect the rest of the phone. The Zagg shields on my wifes env3 went on just fine though. I also have one on my iPod touch that went on fine.

Anyway I ended up doing the 3-pack from Verizon and only wasted one screen getting it installed. It went on pretty good and I guess I got one piece of something behind the screen (don't know how).

If you can get Best Buy to install your Zagg shield I would go that way. I keep checking and the local best buy didn't have them. I'm done trying to install something like that especially with how much money it costs.

jared.holloway

Reaction score
im using the ZAGG invisible shield, for the most part I would say its been a good purchase, and the only complaints have been, is that after a month or two of use, the edges tend to peel and discolor slightly, and when the edges peel they lose their tackiness, yet one of the benefits is that it has a LIFETIME warranty, which is nice, because you initially pay $20 for the front shield or $35 for shielding the whole device front-to-back (my pref.), and when the corners start to peel and arent perfect anymore, you can take it back to the ZAGG kiosk in the mall and they will replace the shield for you for free with a brand new one... although do be aware of $10 installation fee, which for me, is worth it to have this quality of shield. I highly do recommend finding a mall kiosk somewhere where they have an ZAGG invisible shield kiosk, where they'll apply it for you..

52brandon

Reaction score
Got ghost armor at best buy. Installed it ran me about $25. Not cheap but it works great and has a lifetime warranty against anything including install. They installed it wrong the first time and it looked horrible, after they put a new one on its been great...

Sparty83

Reaction score
I bought the Seidio Ultimate Screen Guard and really like it. No loss of sensitivity and there's no bubbles. Probably a bit pricey compared to others, but it works great for me. :motdroidhoriz: