What is the album "dropbox" in my gallery?

shelby916

Reaction score
What is this album called dropbox in my photo gallery & why can't I delete it or the pictures in it? I'm so confused I don't want it.

sent by shelby, moto droid

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dropbox is a computer/android based file sharing application, check your sd card for a folder named dropbox and delete it

OP
shelby916

shelby916

Reaction score
Do I have to plug my sd card into my computer to delete it? And how did it get on there in the first place?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you have a file explorer application you shouldn't have to plug into a computer, and if you downloaded the dropbox application at any time it automatically made the folder - uninstalling the application alone will not remove the folder from your sd

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
If you want to keep the dropbox app and just stop the pictures from appearing in the Gallery create a file called .nomedia (including the period) and put it in the dropbox directory.

REMilk

Reaction score
You might have installed the application "Dropbox" on your Droid. This application lets you share files among many devices, PC's, Smartphones like the Droid, etc.

I find Dropbox and similar applicaiton very useful with my Droid, such as moving or syncing files across devices.

The folder shows up in the Gallery as there may be pictures in the folder.

If you use Dropbox and you delete this folder, then Dropbox will not work. If you uninstalled Dropbox from your Droid, then you can delete this folder. One way to delete the folder is by connecting your Droid to the PC, unmount the SD card, then use File Explorer on the PC to delete.

A second way to delete the folder is to install and use a file manager on your Droid. I use ES File Manager, but there are many free file managers in the Market that will serve you well.

Good Luck,
Bob

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can grab an app such as ASTRO file manager and access your sd card files through that. Once your viewing the sdcard data find the .dropbox folder and delete it. I had the same problem but this solved mine

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am a big fan of Dropbox. I'd check to see if you have it installed on your phone, and if you really don't like it, uninstall the program first, then either use your computer or Astro to delete the dropbox folder.

OP
shelby916

shelby916

Reaction score
Late reply, but thank you this was a big help!