How can I backup the Gallery App together with the albums

magma79

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xiaomi 12
Hello all

I'm pretty sure the following question is a noobish one that has probably been answered
However I'm not able to find a definitive convincing one

Please do link to to a page in case it's too boring to answer me directly

Here are my doubts / query
Do kindly help if possible
Would be much appreciated

It's a long one but I thought I would give as many details I can instead of going back and forth

I use the " gallery app" which comes default in my Xiaomi for my photo and videos managent and not Google photos app

Now in gallery app ( not Google photos app ) I have various albums -
here I have added various pictures in different albums that need regularly for work

My question
How does this get backed up ( the photos in this particular albums format that is there in the Gallery app - because I can't see these same albums in Google photos drive ( though I've set up Google as my backup)

So although the photos are backed up in Google photos they are NOT IN THE ALBUM format as in the gallery app that I'm used to

All 6000 are all dumped in a single place

- so if my phone is lost then how do I recover these albums as in my gallery exactly?

It would be impossible to sort them all out from the 7000 photos that are all in one library on Google

- these albums are very important to me - so isint there a way to backup the gallery app exactly as it is ??

-Now I bought a second phone as an emergency since all the data here is too important to loose but when I use a second phone all my apps and stuff is showing since i linked it to my Google account -

Google photos also show my photos but again they are all dumped in one folder that's useless, the gallery app in that 2nd phone is empty -

how come all apps got restored except the gallery app -

Seems the only way is to use the Google photos app and create albums in that instead of using the gallery app - but this is inconvenient , I am used to gallery it's more friendly plus I have access to it even with no internet

Please help
Can this be done ?

How ?