What is normal battery temperature Samsung Galaxy Nexus?

Anonymous_User

Reaction score
I just picked up this device yestarday night from Sprint. Now I'm using it and I was wondering about the battery temperature. How hot should it not get? Is there protection in this phone so that when it gets too hot that it turns off to save itself so I don't have to worry about managing the temperature? I noticed that when I'm just normally using my phone (internet, youtube, etc.), the phone temperature is around 100 F, and it went up to 111 F maximum when I was downloading a ton of apps and had the phone on the bed which didn't allow it to release heat as easily so I immediately turned it off and stopped the downloads bringing it down to 84 F in some time. The battery monitor app is giving me all these stats and it also says that battery health is good. Also the voltage has been changing a bit too. It's mostly stayed in the 3.700's. Is this all fine? What is the maximum battery temperature I should reach?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Sounds just like my phone. Actually sounds like all of the phones I've had! It's all good.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've been looking into this... and the s3 does have thermal protection... meaning if it gets too hot, like the maxx or razr.. it will alert you and take steps to cool itself off.

One of the two on display at vzw was very hot.. its set so the screen was always on... and I pushed it with some tasks, it flashed a thermometer looking icon and said something about being hot.. and it turned the screen off..

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
with my nexus... i don't worry till it hits 120.. .then i take steps to get it cooled down..

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Usually at idle mine sits below 80F, but some light use can definitely kick it up to mid 80s. And as Nemo said, you don't really have to worry unless it hovers close to 120.