High Temperature / Short battery life

arich57

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has been seeing heat/battery life issues with their D2G?

I have the white version and with only 5-10 minutes of web /calling/Angry Briding(?) , the temperature is getting up to 105F+ and my battery goes down by 10%. What should the temperature be around when using the phone for extending amounts of time? 105 seems high since my Droid X didn't get that high but I don't know about the Droid 2 Global. Does the regular Droid 2 get hot like this?

I found this thread which makes me think it's just some phones:
https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/41159?start=0&tstart=0

Going to exchange my phone but I wanted to see if this is "normal" or if I just got a "special" one.

Details:
Stock OS
Not-Rooted (yet)

Last edited:

pobrien904

Reaction score
I just got the droid 2 global (about 2 hours ago) and I have noticed that it is running pretty warm and the battery life doesn't seem to be very good.

I had the droid 2 (for about 9 days) and just traded it for the global version. The battery life on the 2 was pretty good. I could get about 2 days of email use out of it.

So far with the global I am at 70% usage within 2 hours or using it....

Maybe a software fix, or the faster processor is consuming the battery?

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
I had mine for a week and its not too bad. i use task killer everytime im done browsing. ridiculous I know, to have to do it all the time but it helps my battery life.
listen to this tho, I ordered my extended battery from vzw & tried to install it to charge. well #1 vzw says its compatible with my D2G....um...hello it doesn't fit well! #2 the battery cover is black...um...I have the D2G in WHITE!!! #3 i printed the site to show its compatibility with my phone...um...so im told to use it without the back cover???? are they nuts???
I love the phone but seriously....

Aloha from Hawaii ... D2G

jkidd16

Reaction score
Yes! This happens to me too! I was about to ask the same question. The temperature indicated from my Set CPU app said 107 degrees Fahrenheit when my friend was on facebook for 10 minutes. My Fone is heating up right now as im typing. Its only when im on internet. Is this normal for the droid 2 global??

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

fox_hound

Reaction score
Same here, even with the extended battery .
Issue is is common with the 3 exchanges I had from verizon,
freezes up .
Often no 3g when I should have it.
market freezes up alot! !!!

Really low speaker? ?????
Overheats often when in use.
I mean hot!!!!!

To think I paid retail ....
Should have waited till bugs were worked out ...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

leobg

Reaction score
I feel it must be something to do with the CDMA radio. I am using mine outside US (in Canada) on GSM/WCDMA network and phone barely gets warm even after prolonged use (navigation/browsing/youtube/etc) or charging. I have mine for 36 hours now and battery lasted on average 8-10 hours with moderate use and push email on. I must note the battery I use is one of the (original) spares I have from my Milestone, in other words battery is well broken in (haven't even used yet the original battery that came with the D2G).
Interestingly signal indicator rarely reports over 2 bars, but I have not noticed any issues with connectivity data or voice. I get some quite decent speeds too:
21953712.png

Overall - battery life I am getting is comparable with my Milestone (Droid 1)

dams

Reaction score
My droid 2 global doesnt get passed 50 degrees and my battey last me half a day maby more when I'm using my phone by playing games or listening to music

JetDoctor

Reaction score
I was just In Toronto, Canada and my D2G overheated just sitting on a counter top. The phone gave a couple of short vibe alerts and then the screen indicated that the phone was overheating and it would go into cool down mode in 20 seconds. All functionality except emergency calls was lost. After 15 minutes the phone returned to normal operation. VZW said it must have been from looking for reception... Battery life is terrible. No way it matches what they claim for talk time...

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I feel it must be something to do with the CDMA radio. I am using mine outside US (in Canada) on GSM/WCDMA network and phone barely gets warm even after prolonged use (navigation/browsing/youtube/etc) or charging. I have mine for 36 hours now and battery lasted on average 8-10 hours with moderate use and push email on. I must note the battery I use is one of the (original) spares I have from my Milestone, in other words battery is well broken in (haven't even used yet the original battery that came with the D2G).
Interestingly signal indicator rarely reports over 2 bars, but I have not noticed any issues with connectivity data or voice. I get some quite decent speeds too:
21953712.png

Overall - battery life I am getting is comparable with my Milestone (Droid 1)

You're quite lucky to be able to use the hspa+/hsdpa network up there. I dont know about other places in the US but i am stuck with ev-do rev. A until 2012ish when it will get upgraded to (gasp) rev. B

Blehh verizon is horrible. I dont want 4g! Dont even need it! Just give me an actually decent 3G and save the money!

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G

douglasman100

Reaction score
I had mine for a week and its not too bad. i use task killer everytime im done browsing. ridiculous I know, to have to do it all the time but it helps my battery life.
listen to this tho, I ordered my extended battery from vzw & tried to install it to charge. well #1 vzw says its compatible with my D2G....um...hello it doesn't fit well! #2 the battery cover is black...um...I have the D2G in WHITE!!! #3 i printed the site to show its compatibility with my phone...um...so im told to use it without the back cover???? are they nuts???
I love the phone but seriously....

Aloha from Hawaii ... D2G

they have a white cover nowdancedroid