What is "Factory Mode" app running?

te1357

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Centura
In my list of running apps, it lists "Factory Mode". What is this and should it be running? My phone functions normally.

It's not a regular user clickable app. It's some sort of system app that gets started by the system I guess. I've tried online chat with Straight Talk and they don't have a clue to what it is. As an interesting but maybe related thing: I let my phone drain the battery till it shut off, and after I charged it, started it, it asked me if I wanted to install a custom ROM (or OS, I can't remember which), to which I said no. Every since then I've noticed the app running. Could I have a virus?

Samsung Galaxy Centura
Straight Talk
Android version 4.04

Thanks for any replies,
Tom

Last edited:

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum! Unfortunately I don't know much about the Centura, but if it's not causing any issues, I wouldn't be too concerned. The main "modes" on most Android phones include factory mode, recovery mode & safe mode. I know this didn't really answer your question, but being that you're not experiencing any issues, it could very well be normal on your particular device.
Just an FYI: Don't make a habit of letting your battery run down to the point of shut off. It's not good for your device or your battery. You'll typically want to plug your device in when it reaches 15-20% capacity.
Good luck & let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

tap'n on my S5

OP
T

te1357

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Centura
Thanks. I guess it's just part of the OS. I guess I just might have never noticed it before. Thanks for the reply.