What inductive charging pad....

Shel

Reaction score
Just curious, what inductive charging pad have other people gotten?

I see several available on Amazon, but I'm not sure which ones are compatable with the DNA. Many of them on Amazon don't say "Qi"...

Thanks for any feedback! I'm looking for an inexpensive, single charge pad that will work with the HTC DNA.

Hope to have my DNA in a couple of days! Being sent from Verizon.

marktlwi

Reaction score
Energizer inductive QI charging pad...works great!

Just curious, what inductive charging pad have other people gotten?

I see several available on Amazon, but I'm not sure which ones are compatable with the DNA. Many of them on Amazon don't say "Qi"...

Thanks for any feedback! I'm looking for an inexpensive, single charge pad that will work with the HTC DNA.

Hope to have my DNA in a couple of days! Being sent from Verizon.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I have the LG Qi charging pad from Verizon, as they were out of the Nokia's. It works pretty well, but it takes a while to charge and the phone gets very warm.

OP
S

Shel

Reaction score
I have the LG Qi charging pad from Verizon, as they were out of the Nokia's. It works pretty well, but it takes a while to charge and the phone gets very warm.

For the benefit of others who may stumble upon this thread, as the OP, I ended up getting the LG charging pad as well.

It works great! It beeps one time, to let you know that the DNA was placed on the mat properly (it's nearly impossible to NOT place it on the mat properly, as it seems to charge the DNA no matter where the DNA rests, on the LG Charging Pad), and seems to charge fine.

Many people on Amazon have posted complaints about the pad beeping incessantly! I have NOT had that problem. In fact, I can't remember it beeping other then when the DNA is placed initially on the pad.

The device does get warm, but not to any extent that I'd worry about it.

It's a pleasure to NOT have to plug my phone in, and unplug it, once or twice a day.

jasper7821

Reaction score
I'm looking for a Qi charger for my DNA, Nokia not available on Verizon site and can't even find the LG charger on their site.

toricred

Reaction score
I have an Powermat I bought last year. Should this work? It quit working on my old X2, but I thought it was the back that went on the X2. It doesn't seem to work with the DNA either.

jasper7821

Reaction score
I just got the LG one from Verizon last night and it's awesome.
There's 7 stores in town here and only one store had 2 left.
They call it a universal wireless charger, but it's the LG one.
It only makes a beep when you put it on the pad and it doesn't have to be perfectly on it.
Only thing is the green light was flashing and I though it would go solid when charged but it flashed the whole time. And it did charge to 100%

bowsback

Reaction score
I have an Powermat I bought last year. Should this work? It quit working on my old X2, but I thought it was the back that went on the X2. It doesn't seem to work with the DNA either.

No the old Power Mats were a different technology. Only a QI wireless charing mat will work for the DNA

cp24eva

Reaction score
I have the Nokia Fatboy. I will say this, save yourself a few dollars and just buy the normal Nokia charger if you can find it. It used the same pad expect the fatboy has some added beanbag internals, but you can clearly feel the Nokia normal charger in there. This fatboy give the appearance of the device being all soft and a comfy nook for your phone, but it's not. Works great, but you could have the same for 10 bucks less.

rndchef

Reaction score
Just got the Nokia DT-900 pad without pillow and it works great. Sits on my desk at work and is perfect to use to keep the phone always charged without messing with a cord. No pillow needed. I leave work with 100% battery and don't worry about the rest of the day. Plan to buy one for my home as well.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I just ordered the DT-900.
I called into *611, told them that I had just bought the DNA and was interested in the charger and asked if there were any discounts available. At first she came back with 25% but I nicely asked if there was any way to get more. She put me on hold for a minute and came back with 35% off. Good deal! $32.50+tax and it'll be here Monday or Tuesday.

She did check my account history. Saw that I've been with VZW since '07 and I have a perfect payment history. So that played into the discount.

Just thought I'd give y'all a heads up :)

richiethec

Reaction score
I've got the Nokia DT-900 - works perfectly. I don't notice the phone getting warm with it as others have stated about some of the other chargers.

JennyM

Reaction score
I've been researching Qi charging pads the last couple day ... since I realized my new DNA is Qi-enabled! How cool, and no stupid charging covers required to put on the phone! Another big plus for this great phone!!!

I really want the Energizer Single but it's on pre-order. Or the Zens Single, but it's out of stock everywhere. Any suggestions where to find these?

I don't want to pay for the LG Orb but it does look nice. Is the Nokia pad you've mentioned the DT-900 model? Anyone know if it stays cooler than the LG pad?

WhoDunIt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
I just picked up the Nokia DT 900 model. Works great and its compact. I can't compare it to others as far as how hot it gets but the bottom of my phone and the top of the pad feels slightly warm to the touch. The phone does not feel any warmer to me than it does after I have streamed Pandora for the hour ride to work. The bottom of the charger (the side that contacts the surface of your desk, etc.) does not get warm so there isn't any worry about charging it overnight on my nightstand.

Update 2/26/13- I charged it overnight and this morning when I checked them, neither were warm to the touch. I'll update again when I use it later just to see.

Update 03/05/13- Works great and only gets warm as it charges. Once the phone is 100% charged, both the phone and charger cool down even when phone is left on the charger.

Last edited: