Inductive Charging

cdguylhs

Reaction score
So I have the Droid Charge and I already have a desk charger whi with an extra battery. With Verizon you can get the charging pad and get the back for free. I was debating on getting that for work vs getting another desk charger. I will now be doing my music through the music beta with Google. That is why i am looking at another desk charger or inductive charger. What is your opinion on inductive charging? is it worth it?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to the simplicity of inductive charging. Constantly plugging and unplugging my phone to keep it charged, especially when I get a 4G phone, is just an annoyance i'll be glad to be rid of.

The only thing I would check is if you can hear your music well enough with the phone on the induction pad, as apposed to the desktop charger.

Although you may be using headphones, then it won't matter as much. The induction charger could possibly give you a more flexible position of the headphone jack though.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
What is your opinion on inductive charging? is it worth it?
My opinion doesn't matter. Worth is always highly subjective, regardless of topic. You need to make the call for yourself. I wouldn't consider inductive charging for my Droid as I'm about to replace it and I have the desktop dock for it. That's probably not relevant to you.

ohioDroid

Reaction score
The only thing I would check is if you can hear your music well enough with the phone on the induction pad, as apposed to the desktop charger.

I wonder what the Verizon rep's reaction will be when go to the store to ask them about this, lol

I think inductive charging is kind of a novelty. But it's a novelty I want to have. Unless one gets a deal like you're talking about, then you need to get the back cover, and the charger, all so you can put your phone down in one spot without plugging it in.
I think I'll more seriously consider it if the upcoming 4G phones have deals to get the inductive charging accessories for a reasonable price.