Wireless Charger For Your Samsung Galaxy S4 - RAVPower Wireless Charger Release

TerenceL

Reaction score
if you sick of all those cords laying around for phones then this is the product for you.

RAVPower® Qi-Enabled Single-Position Wireless Charging Pad with Free AC Adapter (White, 5V / 1.5A Input, Powered by AC Adapter or Your Laptop USB Port) $39.99

Compatible with any Qi-enabled device or a device equipped with a Qi-compatible cover
Charge your smartphone without cables or a USB interface
LED light display charging status; designed with an energy efficient idle mode
Input: DC 5V, 1.5A; Output: 5V, 1A max; Dimensions:5.7" x 3.11" x 0.31"; Weight: 4.5oz

QI-Compliant
Featuring the cutting edge Qi inductive charging technology, this innovation continues the quest for wireless freedom by eliminating yet another wire. This charger won't waste your power either. The built-in energy efficient idle mode keeps its power usage to a minimum.

Charging your Qi-enabled device is as simple as putting it on the pad. No wires to untangle (or find), no adapters to come unplugged. Just set it on the "mat" and it does the rest.

Popular Compatible Models:
Direct Charge Models:
- Nexus 7 2nd Gen/Nexus 4 / LG Optimus Vu2 / Nexus 7 2nd Gen
- Nokia Lumia 920
- HTC 8X (UK version does not support QI wireless charging)/ HTC Droid DNA

Models that Require a Wireless Charging Case / Cover Adapter:
- Samsung Galaxy S4, S3 / Galaxy Note 2
- Nokia Lumia 820/925/925t/1020
- iPhone 4 4S 3G

Note:
1. RAVPower® Qi-Enabled Single-Position Wireless Charger is compliant with the Qi standard developed by the Wireless Power Consortium.
2. Please confirm that your cellphone is Qi-compliant. Otherwise, please supply your own Qi-compliant back-cover adpater to enable your device to charge.
3. Protective cases that exceed 5 mm / 0.2 inch thick prevent the charger from working properly. In this case, remove it before charging.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Good reviews on Amazon from the link above.

Question: I am a mobile guy. In and out of the truck all day. Could this charging pad lay in the back of my car phone holder (Braketron if it matters) plunged into a USB power adapter and charge my phone every time I put it in the phone holder?

reybie

Reaction score
You'd probably get better result by plugging this to an inverter that is plugged into your cigarette lighter or accessory port. The wireless charger I believe output different voltage than a regular USB port.

OP
TerenceL

TerenceL

Reaction score

Question: I am a mobile guy. In and out of the truck all day. Could this charging pad lay in the back of my car phone holder (Braketron if it matters) plunged into a USB power adapter and charge my phone every time I put it in the phone holder?

The car phone holder may not be able to hold both the phone and the charging pad, since the size of them are not the same. The company is going to lauch a car phone holder with a wireless charging pad lay in the back, that will meet your expectations.

Last edited:
OP
TerenceL

TerenceL

Reaction score
You'd probably get better result by plugging this to an inverter that is plugged into your cigarette lighter or accessory port. The wireless charger I believe output different voltage than a regular USB port.

Yes, a USB car charger like this will help:
Amazon.com: RAVPower® Car Charger (Dual USB 15.5W / 3.1Amps Output,), for Apple and Android Devices including iPhone 5, 4S, 4, iPad 4, 3, 2, Mini, iPods, Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Note 2, etc. RP-CC01: Kindle Store

bbtkd

Reaction score

All of the Qi chargers I've seen are smooth, so your phone would never stay on it with the vehicle in motion. Adding a gel pad would create too much distance and it wouldn't charge.