What have YOU done with Tasker?

L

lesorkim

Hello Again:

I am still working on my NFC triggered Task called SILENT NIGHT. This individual task is just to keep the phone entirely quiet at night; no phone calls, notifications, emails, dings, buzzes, or rings. The only thing I don’t have muted is the Alarm that I will later need to wake up. (Later I will work on the exceptions.)

Task Name = SILENT NIGHT
Alarm Volume Level 7
Media Volume Level 0
Notification Pulse Set 0
Ringer Volume Level 0
Sound Effects Set Off
System Volume Level 0
Vibrate on Ringer Set Off
Notification Volume Level 0
Silent Mode On
Vibrate on Notify Set Off
Auto Brightness Set Off
Display Brightness Level 20
Notify Title “Silent Night Mode”

Here’s my newbie question;
Where can I find an article/link that explains the “Silent Mode” setting? I suspect that some of my settings here are redundant.

LocoRon

Reaction score
Silent mode will disable all system wide sounds etc (notifications sounds for incoming calls, email and various other incoming messages), and will still allow sounds from your mp3 player, your alarm clock, etc.

I don't know of any specific article explaining it, I just know from my own use (I had my D2 on silent mode for the year and a half that it was both my phone and alarm clock; now it's just alarm clock). I think silent mode should cover all those settings you mentioned. Except, perhaps, the vibration settings. I just checked the system settings, under Sounds, there is an option for silent mode, with the sub-options off, vibrate, mute. I guess if you want to also disable the vibrations, and your phone has the option, the muted silent mode sounds like what you're looking for.

L

lesorkim

As it turns out, the wife has decided that she wants to hear incoming phone calls at night, but no other sounds, and that can be easily accomplished with NFC Task Launcher only. So I have abandoned using Tasker at this time. In the meantime I am having some other odd circumstances coming up and I would like to uninstall all the apps I am not using in order to eliminate as many possiblilties for conflict.

My Question: I want to uninstall Tasker. Is there a serial number somewhere I should record so that when/if I decided to install it in the future I won't need to purchase it again? (Purchased at Google Play Store.)

Last edited by a moderator:

LocoRon

Reaction score
You can uninstall any apps you've purchased from the Play store without worries. :)

Google will keep track of your purchases, and you can download them again (from the same account) any time you want, on any Android device you own. :)

If you've rooted your phone, I do recommend backing up the apk, as sometimes app creators will remove an app from the store.... and it'd be kinda lame to lose something you paid for.

kbo5000

Reaction score
SMS Popup disable?

Hi guys,

I am starting to get the hang of Tasker, after just a couple of days.

I use SMS Popup for my text notifications (I always have, I just like the look and feel of it, plus it marks sms as read once closed).
After trying to come up with a Tasker alternative for it, I am happy to go back to the app.

Although, now when in my 'Car Mode' Profile (uses HTC Car and some bluetooth automation), I have Tasker set up to do a completely different menu pop-up for SMS, with the option of TTS, etc. Tasker works great, except I still get the SMS Popup as well. Is there a way to disable SMS Popup while in Car Mode?

I have tried Kill app, then load app on exit, but I don't want to load the app, because that just loads a settings screen.

Any help is appreciated!!
Cheers :)

OP

25cents

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am starting to get the hang of Tasker, after just a couple of days.

I use SMS Popup for my text notifications (I always have, I just like the look and feel of it, plus it marks sms as read once closed).
After trying to come up with a Tasker alternative for it, I am happy to go back to the app.

Although, now when in my 'Car Mode' Profile (uses HTC Car and some bluetooth automation), I have Tasker set up to do a completely different menu pop-up for SMS, with the option of TTS, etc. Tasker works great, except I still get the SMS Popup as well. Is there a way to disable SMS Popup while in Car Mode?

I have tried Kill app, then load app on exit, but I don't want to load the app, because that just loads a settings screen.

Any help is appreciated!!
Cheers :)

Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way to do this. Tasker can't really navigate other programs settings, it's limited to doing it's own thing. Unless there's a setting in your SMS manager, I don't know that there's any other way around this than what you're doing. It's been quite a while since I played with the app, though, so I might be wrong.

Fishybass55

Reaction score
Hi, new guy here. In fact, I just got my first smart phone last week. I am pretty much a programming iliterate, however Tasker was one of the first apps i downloaded.

Here are a few of "my" profiles so far. Some I need help with but will need to ask about them later.

For bluetooth headset:

1)Call any +bluetooth on> exit task bluetooth off.------works great

2)Night profile that turns volumes down and auto sends an sms for missed txt's
also made a day profile (which I'm sure the two could be combined)

3)wifi on home using the cell near context....also working just fine

4)sync various programs while wifi is connected

5)display off> "time">wifi off ----this one needs adjusting

6)missed call with LED....still need to setup the interval notifications but was not sure how.

And that's it for now...great thread and thanks

phonetool

Reaction score
Does your control of bluetooth mean that when a call comes in the bt radio turns on?
Or is it on when any call is made?
How do you initiate a bt call while driving, for example?

-CM7 on DInc2

Fishybass55

Reaction score
Does your control of bluetooth mean that when a call comes in the bt radio turns on?
Or is it on when any call is made?
How do you initiate a bt call while driving, for example?

-CM7 on DInc2

Bluetooth is completely off

When any call is outgoing or incoming, it turns on, hence then when i open my bt headset, it connects.

Since my bt is off, if I put it on and push the button, nothing happens, I'd have to use my phones voice commands app to place a call, then once a call is made, bt would turn on.

phonetool

Reaction score
Ah, gotcha. I am too attached to poking the headset button to start a call. Very interesting solution, though.

-CM7 on DInc2

tinma

Reaction score
Anyone know how to make this program launch tunein radio automatically when connected to a specific blue tooth unit?

Quick

Reaction score
Anyone know how to make this program launch tunein radio automatically when connected to a specific blue tooth unit?

When you connect to the blue tooth unit it should have a name. For example my car bluetooth shows up as "UConnect". I think you can connect your bluetooth headset, go into manage bluetooth and paired devices should be listed by name and if they are connected or not.

You would want a profile with a Bluetooth Connected condition. In the condition you can specify the name. The entry task would have Load App and specify tunein radio.

See here: Launch Music App When Headset Inserted - Tasker Wiki

tinma

Reaction score
Quick said:
When you connect to the blue tooth unit it should have a name. For example my car bluetooth shows up as "UConnect". I think you can connect your bluetooth headset, go into manage bluetooth and paired devices should be listed by name and if they are connected or not.

You would want a profile with a Bluetooth Connected condition. In the condition you can specify the name. The entry task would have Load App and specify tunein radio.

See here: Launch Music App When Headset Inserted - Tasker Wiki

Thanks that worked perfectly!

Y_Photo

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a problem that I can't really solve...
I have made a profile that, IF my phone recieves a SMS with the text SOS, the phone gets the location, takes a photo with front camera, plays a loud sound and the send the coordinates to my e-mail.
What I can't figure out is how to attach the photo to that e-mail...
It all works fine, except for attaching the photo to the mail

Anyone got any ideas of how to get this to work??