What have YOU done with Tasker?

NebulaOcton

Reaction score
Thank you so much. :biggrin:

Press + -> type: Tunein and press the check -> Select application and choose Tunein Radio press check

Select New Task -> press check -> Press +

Select Variable -> Variable Set

After the % type: TUNEIN (it should read %TUNEIN)

in the "To" box type 1 then press the check then check again

scroll to the new profile and press the green arrow then choose exit task

in the "To" box type 0 then press the check

Now go to you display off profile and expand it by clicking on in
Press the left box and select Add
Choose State -> Variable -> Variable Value
In the Op menu choose matches
In the Value box type 1
press the check ten check again and you should be all set

milkshed27

Reaction score
Worked perfectly, I just had to make one change which I'm sure was just a typo on your part. When adding the the TUNEIN Variable to the Display Off context the value would be 0 instead of 1. Thanks again for your help!

Nyx528

Reaction score
Press + -> type: Tunein and press the check -> Select application and choose Tunein Radio press check

in the "To" box type 1 then press the check then check again

scroll to the new profile and press the green arrow then choose exit task

in the "To" box type 0 then press the check

Now go to you display off profile and expand it by clicking on in
Press the left box and select Add
Choose State -> Variable -> Variable Value
In the Op menu choose matches
In the Value box type 1
press the check ten check again and you should be all set

Or you could add TuneIn app to the context and invert it.

- from MoPhone via Tapatalk

kbrake

Reaction score
I am new to Tasker and don't really understand how to do what I want done. I want to be able to open apps that require the GPS settings to be turned on in order for them to work. Is that possible? If so how? I hope someone can help.

armedmetallica

Reaction score
hello - signed up just due to this thread/app. i will need to read through the whole thing - i got to about page 10, and figured, i better register.

so here's what i'd like to do with Tasker ... MOVE (not sync) files in my Pictures/Videos/Documents folder to a windows file share... on the following conditions 1. I am at home (so fire up WiFi automatically); 2. I connect to my VPN. 3. files created less than 5 minutes ago (that aren't currently opened by another app).

yes, I know i can run a sync app... but specifically, I want my device to have little to no data. I want everything stored on my server back home, sort of to be my own "cloud", if you will. Weird request, hoping that Tasker can fill in, w. that file manager someone spoke about arond page 5 or 6...

demon_knight69

Reaction score
this appears to be the most active forum topic on Tasker that i can find. i've posted a topic on Tasker's google forum, but there aren't as many active people as there are here, so i hope no one minds.

I've been trying to find a good way to turn off *only* my work email during the day (while i'm in front of my computer), in order to save some battery life and to decrease unnecessary noise during the day :) I've created a profile with day (mon-fri) and time (9am-6pm) contexts. I found the Synker plugin to be the easiest way to attempt this, so i have the Synker configuration turn auto-sync off for my corporate
email account (exchange account), while leaving all other accounts sync'd. This portion works flawlessly. At 9am auto-sync for the exchange account is turned off, and at 6pm, it is turned back on. The problem I have run into is the sync settings within the email application (stock android email app). There are settings for how often to sync, in terms of minutes/hours, automatic (push) or never. If I leave the setting on "auto", the email is pushed to my phone and notifies me, regardless of my auto-sync setting in android system. If i set it to "never" within the email app, this will prevent me from receiving emails/notifications, but once 6pm occurs, i will still not receive email unless i physically open the mail app and turn sync back to auto (push). Is there any way I can use Tasker to change the sync setting from *within* the email app settings? So far I have not had luck in finding anything that may point me in the right direction. Any help is appreciated :)

(note: i've also tried using Secure Settings plugin to freeze and unfreeze the email app at the specified times. unfortunately, when the app unfreezes, it looses all of my settings so i have to re-add the exchange account)

CyberpunkDad

Reaction score
How do I show status bar time when in an application but not when I am not?

Hey all, I really seem to suck at tasker so I'm wondering if someone could give me a quick run through on how to do this.

Basically I find seeing the time in the status bar when I have a widget clock completely redundant. So i have status bar clock off (running CM9).

What I would like is to have tasker toggle the status bar clock display back on when I have an application active.

So basically.. In browser = show clock. Exit browser to phone screen that has a widget clock = no status clock.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

L

lesorkim

Hello! I'm brand new to smart phones and Tasker, but eager to get a couple of things set up.
Phone = Samsung Galaxy S3 on Verison.
D/L'ed Tasker a few days ago. Also have NFC Tasker and a handful of NFC tags.

Here's my question:
1. Is there a place in Tasker where the Profile, or condition is, swiped (name) NFC tag?
2. I am aware that NFC Task Launcher has an option to launch a Tasker "task". Does that mean I would just have to create a Profile whose conditions would never be met, and use that profile to create a task that matches the things I want done?

Thanks in advance for you consideration of this issue.
Les in WEntzville, MO

L

lesorkim

About a week ago I found some Tasker code for "Silent at night except for certian contacts" - too bad I didn't bookmark it! I thought it was on here but I could not find it after mutiple searches. Anyone familar with this? (No need to reinvent the wheel)

Basically, I want to launch "Bedtime mode" with an NFC tag (because bedtime changes from day to day) this being a set of settings that will silence all sounds and vibrations of all kinds, EXCEPT text message notifications and phone call rings from certian contacts. Then in the morning a second swipe of the NFC tag returns all systems to normal.

In other words, I want a call from my teen if he is out late at night and needs me, but I don't want his call breaking through silent mode mid day when I am in a business meeting. (Because the mid day urgent message is, "We're out of Mt. Dew!"

Thanks for any direction you can give me.

EDIT 9-17-2012; Never mind, just found it in this thread, #940.

Last edited by a moderator:

LocoRon

Reaction score
2. I am aware that NFC Task Launcher has an option to launch a Tasker "task". Does that mean I would just have to create a Profile whose conditions would never be met, and use that profile to create a task that matches the things I want done?

You can create a named task that is not associated with any particular event. This is helpful if you know you'll be using that particular task with multiple profiles, or you don't really want to attach it to a profile, and instead call it some other way (eg, through a widget on your homescreen, or perhaps by calling it through another app, such as NFC Task Launcher [well, I'm guessing about this particular app] :) ). Simply open Tasker, go to the tasks tab, press the green plus button, name your task, and then set it up however you want. :)

L

lesorkim

You can create a named task that is not associated with any particular event. :)

Ok, Great, I'll try that out. It's helpful to know I'm headed down the right path. I'll just have to use NFC Task Launcher to launch the Tasker task. Thanks for your help!