What happens with a Factory Reset?

StinkyPete

Reaction score
I am having an issue where I lose my 3G radio when enter a 4G area. I need to switch from the 3G/4G radio setting to the 3G only radio and then the 3G signal comes back (sometimes I need to pull the battery). I am not rooted and have the latest SW update. The folks at Verizon say to do a Factory Reset. I am willing to do that, but would like to minimize the work I will need to do to bring the phone back to its current level from an apps perspective. Looking for what to expect with a factory reset...

1. If I move apps to the SD card will that do anything for me?
2. Do I need to back up pictures and music from my SD card - in other words will the SD card get re-formatted?

Any help/suggested would be appreciated.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Your phone memory will be erased but you will not lose root, if its rooted. Everything on your memory card will be untouched.

If you root, you can backup all your apps and everything using Titanium Backup.

random rom'd X

chukeee

Reaction score
Moving apps to SD won't help because some files are still stored on the phone so u will need to reinstall them if u didn't use the backup feature that will automatically reinstall them after a factory reset. As for you pic on SD they won't be touched because the factory reset won't erase the SD card.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

wheelieInCali

Reaction score
I've done factory reset on my phone three times today in an attempt to get the latest Verizon update. The data on the SD card remained intact but the phone was no longer rooted after doing this.