Factory Reset.

shaggykid

Reaction score
If I do a factory reset is there a way to keep my apps? Or when I re-add my accounts will they automatically come back?

Is there a way to save them on an sd-card

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
your apps are tied to your account, so if you bought any you can get them back easily.

Another route you can go is using a backup app to make it easier. If you're rooted I recommend Titanium Backup

OP
S

shaggykid

Reaction score
I have titanium.. but will that not be erased in the factory reset?

Also will my system upgrades revert back to the original?

OP
S

shaggykid

Reaction score
And also just the bought ones will be tied to my accounts? Or the free ones I've downloaded also?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Titanium will be erased, but once you download it again it will recognize your backup which I believe is stored on your SD card. I did it twice and it was very easy to use.

OP
S

shaggykid

Reaction score
Okay so the data on my sd-card will stay intact? Or should I remove it before I reset.

Thanks for the help BTW. I was scared to do it

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Okay so the data on my sd-card will stay intact? Or should I remove it before I reset.

Thanks for the help BTW. I was scared to do it

It won't be affected, factory reset just resets the phone. Taking the SD card won't ruin the process or anything, just in case you want that peace of mind that it won't be touched.

I've factory reset my Incredible at least 3 times within a day and my SD card files remained untouched.

OP
S

shaggykid

Reaction score
Okay awesome man. Thanks! As soon as I get home I'm gonna do it. Just wanna make a list of the apparently I have just in case.

And I'll post And update on how everything went.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Okay awesome man. Thanks! As soon as I get home I'm gonna do it. Just wanna make a list of the apparently I have just in case.

And I'll post And update on how everything went.

Well can never be too safe. Just giving you my experience, but if you want to absolutely make sure your SD isn't erased, I'd say just take it out, gives you the peace of mind.

Keep us updated. Just out of curiosity, why the factory reset? Having troubles with the phone?

OP
S

shaggykid

Reaction score
Just battery life. I've been reading about things to do help it. Recommends doing a factory reset and calibrating battery. Also having lag issues and the such. Nothing too serious

Edit: I also want to experiments with custom roms and it's my understanding that you have to so a factory reset when doing it so I wanted to have experience resetting be fore I did

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Just battery life. I've been reading about things to do help it. Recommends doing a factory reset and calibrating battery. Also having lag issues and the such. Nothing too serious

Edit: I also want to experiments with custom roms and it's my understanding that you have to so a factory reset when doing it so I wanted to have experience resetting be fore I did

Ahhh gotcha.

I'm running CM7 right now on my Inc. I have a backup of my stock just in case (and it is also highly recommended you do backup). You'll get a fresh start with every ROM you install.

OP
S

shaggykid

Reaction score
How exactly would I back up my stock phone??

does factory reset undo your root?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
How exactly would I back up my stock phone??

does factory reset undo your root?

A factory reset does not undo root.

As for backing up, I personally used Rom Manager. It's easy to use as it provides some ROMs for you to flash to, and has simple one click backup. I know alot of people who flash ROMs alot aren't a fan of ROM Manager, but I only use one ROM so it's more than enough for me.

OP
S

shaggykid

Reaction score
Just reset my phone, worked perfect. Titanium is annoying though. Because you have to restore apps one at a time... needs to have a restore all option.

Edit: just found the option to do it hahs

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited: