What features would you like to see in the LG G4?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
What features would you like to see on the LG G4?

For me, they'd have to be 3000mAH+ removable battery, microSD slot, aluminum body

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I like all of your suggestions @wicked but I would like to see a stylus ;) and more apps with the ability to add to QSlide or a multi-tasking popup feature (I know just get a Note variant but I am hoping for the G4 :))...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like all of your suggestions @wicked but I would like to see a stylus ;) and more apps with the ability to add to QSlide or a multi-tasking popup feature (I know just get a Note variant but I am hoping for the G4 :))...
Stylus pen ! Pop-up? Do you mean like on the Note4 where you can make apps smaller/minimized with the flick of a corner downward or the ability to have multiple minimized apps open as little dots on the screen? I really like those features. The Note series also suffers from lack of choices to multi task. My understanding is it's a simple code addition to apps and isn't model specific.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Stylus pen ! Pop-up? Do you mean like on the Note4 where you can make apps smaller/minimized with the flick of a corner downward or the ability to have multiple minimized apps open as little dots on the screen? I really like those features. The Note series also suffers from lack of choices to multi task. My understanding is it's a simple code addition to apps and isn't model specific.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Both the G2 and G3 have QSlide which is a very small list of apps that can be opened in popup window form, they also have where you do view 2 apps at once for multi-tasking...I have the Note Edge and while the list of apps that can utilize the pop-up feature is considerably more, it is still not "all" of your installed apps although there is an app in the market that will add the line of code that is needed - you then uninstall your unmodified app and install the modified app but when it comes time to update you have do uninstall the modified app, reinstall the unmodified app and then update and start the process over - tedious if you are not rooted but probably worth it if you want all of your apps to have the capability.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Both the G2 and G3 have QSlide which is a very small list of apps that can be opened in popup window form, they also have where you do view 2 apps at once for multi-tasking...I have the Note Edge and while the list of apps that can utilize the pop-up feature is considerably more, it is still not "all" of your installed apps although there is an app in the market that will add the line of code that is needed - you then uninstall your unmodified app and install the modified app but when it comes time to update you have do uninstall the modified app, reinstall the unmodified app and then update and start the process over - tedious if you are not rooted but probably worth it if you want all of your apps to have the capability.
I have a G2. What I mean is this
uploadfromtaptalk1429743606930.png

creaky

Reaction score
I hope that the at&t version can be rooted quickly. Maybe even get the bootloader unlocked. Given hot things went w the G3 I'm hopeful.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I hope that the at&t version can be rooted quickly. Maybe even get the bootloader unlocked. Given hot things went w the G3 I'm hopeful.

Buy the TMobile version and take it over to AT&T. You won't have to worry about locked down devices that way.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I was with you on the root part until the pure Android comment. [Insert barfing smilie face here] :p

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I'd like to see (on any phone) a lens cover that automatically opens and closes when taking pictures like all cameras do. Yes, I know it's a cellphone, but more and more these devices are being used as a camera.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
IDK, I personally think that would be one more moving part that manufacturers don't want to be responsible for replacing. In a smartphone type setting, not only would this add unnecessary bulk, but it would end up being a nightmare for carrier's & manufacturers simply because people are already so hard on their phones. This is why many SLR/DSLR camera manufacturers use a removable lens cover.
....cool idea though!

S5 tap'n