Will the LG G4 be your next phone?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I couldn't agree with you more. I don't particularly care too much for thin phones. I'd rather have one that lasts all day and then some.
Yeah I am over this cellphone anorexia trend that has been going on for far too long. You have to buy a case for the phones now just to bulk it up so you don't accidentally break them.

Bwahahahaha :)...I think you forgot a couple 4,279 :)...

Mom?!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am over this cellphone anorexia trend that has been going on for far too long. You have to buy a case for the phones now just to bulk it up so you don't accidentally break them.

Mom?!
Until I got my Note2 I used to buy extended batteries/backs so the phones would have enough girth to fit my hand. The Note2 with a Defender was the first phone I've ever had where the stock size , with Defender on, was uncomfortably large to hold. The S View on the Note4 is a nice size and I had a case on my G2 to keep it from being too thin as well.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Loved my G3 but need to try the Elephone P7000 and see if it is as good as the big boys flagships..

yiannis

Reaction score
The LG G4's official unveiling is just around the corner and case makers are already selling cases and some of us are really excited for this device.

We'd like to know if the G4 will be your next device? What phone will you be upgrading?

Not sure. At the moment this is how I see it:

It seems that the S6 and the G4 couldn't be more different.

The G4 has

better rear camera particularly when RAW formats are used - Edge G4
slightly better OIS - Edge G4
slightly more accurate screen colors - about even
swappable battery - Lead G4
removable storage - Lead G4

The S6 has

better looks, but it also looks like an iPhone and is a thumbprint magnet - Personal preference G4
more manageable ergonomics, with the exceptions of it being very slippery and having a protruding back camera that screams for scratches - Personal preference G4
brighter display and clearer sound recording - Lead S6
better front camera - Edge S6
significantly better SoC - Lead S6
broader community support - Edge S6

Both TW and UX look child-like to this minimalist custom OS HTC user.

Coming from HTC DNA, with a degrading battery performance, I really don't know what to choose. Surprisingly, I played with a Note 4 and it didn't seem prohibitively big. Maybe the bigger screen of the G4 isn't so bad, though the future-proof issue of the 808 SoC is a concern (as is the long-term degradation of the S6 battery).

Last edited:

biggles

Reaction score
LG G2 owner here, yes I expect to pickup the LG G4 soon. I like the fact that the phone has a wide range of strengths. Also, the reviews point out certain features as negatives when these are things I don't care about. For instance, I don't want a fingerprint reader, nor do I care about waterproofing. Camera, screen, storage capacity, battery are things that matter to me.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I'll try it, but the S6 is the best Android device I've ever used with the best camera I've ever used on a phone (I've had decent battery life, my only real worry with it). I'm not a fan of phablets, and thought the G3 was too big (for me), so I know that'll be an issue on the G4 as well. I've seen multiple reviews and it looks like the G4 is the better camera for control/customization, but the S6 is the better shooter for day to day "auto" shots, which is more important to me. Both phones are awesome, but ultimately I think the G4 will end up being too big for me.