What Features do you want to See implemented in Upcoming Android Updates?

Palmyra

Reaction score
Mine deal with the basic operation of the Droid.
1) Ability to set how long the phone rings before the call is sent to voice mail.
2) Ability to deactivate the Search button (or what ever it is called) at the bottom left of the Moto Droid screen.
3) Ability to either set the activation sensitivity of icons or to set activation on a double tap.
4) OK I know that programing is open source but I'd like to see Google build into the OS a "Exit Program" menu option that appears for each program.

Last edited:

korp

Reaction score
Group contacts on the phone itself. I like to be able to create contact groups so I can message them all or once. We can make them on a computer but I can't see a way to bring them over into the stock contact system.

I know you're talking about the stock messaging app, but just an FYI: I use ChompSMS, and your google contact groups show up there and allows you to message the whole group.
Yeah there is a couple programs ... I used I think groupsms it was called or something. I want the features built-in though so I don't have to run apps for features I should already have stock.

OP
gregsjh13

gregsjh13

Reaction score
Group contacts on the phone itself. I like to be able to create contact groups so I can message them all or once. We can make them on a computer but I can't see a way to bring them over into the stock contact system.

I know you're talking about the stock messaging app, but just an FYI: I use ChompSMS, and your google contact groups show up there and allows you to message the whole group.
Yeah there is a couple programs ... I used I think groupsms it was called or something. I want the features built-in though so I don't have to run apps for features I should already have stock.

Sounds like a great idea to me. :)

krazykarl

Reaction score
with 2.2 I use the pin unlock system but I first have to swipe right then enter my pin. Id like to be able to just hit the wake button and enter pin not swipe then pin.
I think the reason you have to go through the swipe to unlock then enter your pin, is because if it goes straight to the enter pin screen, there's a greater chance of pocket dialing because it has the emergency call option that you can do without entering the pin, so if you bumped the power button while it was in your pocket, the phone could accidentally dial 911.

joker402

Reaction score
The same thing can happen with the pattern lock.

But for one the power button is impossible to hit in the pocket and two we have captive screens. I don't see it being a problem.

miosis

Reaction score
Einstein-Rosen Bridge Stabilizer Widget! Seriously I would like to see USB OTG and a phone to chrome app (send pages to computer directly).

Last edited:

BladeOfAnduril

Reaction score
I want to see:

1. Contact Groups, so I can seperate my co-workers and friends.
2. A built in Video player (similar to the music player).
3. Copy/Paste ability in e-mails (gmail).