What else does it do!?!?

Godly 1

Reaction score
That little round button under the screen...
I know it is used to take pictures... And as a little kinda scroll cursor of sorts... But is that it?
My day dream thought of the morning was how slick it would be if that little round button could be set as the lock/unlock button instead of, or along with the upper left shoulder button! Just to light the screen up, or put it to sleep. I still like the slide lock on thre screen to lock/unlock, answer/reject calls.
Is there an app that does this? Is there already somewhere in the settings to do this? (without rooting... I am no where near techy savvy enough to dive into that action!)
Anyone else think that would be a really functional user friendly app?

incrediblesense

Reaction score
You can use the optical trackpad to wake up your screen if you install a patch for it. I'm sure that most patches require a root. Apps such as lockbot also do this but without root.

OP
G

Godly 1

Reaction score
Hmmm... Well, since I'm not rooted I tried the free trial Lockbox, and the other Lockbox ap that was there... But neither if them had any options (that I could find...) To set the lock/unlock button to the little round guy under the screen... sigh...
But Thank you for the advice! I'm really hoping that there is an app somewhere on the Market or the Amazon App store that has the ability to do this!

OP
G

Godly 1

Reaction score
HA HA! I'm an Idiot! You didn't say "Lockbox"! You said "Lockbot"! (of course there would be a couple apps that are called "Lockbox" just to throw me off...)
Most of the reviews on both the Free and Paid Versions were not good reviews at all... But I decided to judge out for myself do I downloaded the free one.
IT'S GREAT!!! From all I can tell, by unselecting most all of the options, my "Orbital Trackball" now works to wake up the screen! WOOHOO!!! Once the phone is unlocked, the orbital trackball will not work to put the screen to sleep, because then it functions as it should as an option to scroll and select on the the screen, or to snap a picture! But from a locked sleeping screen, that cute lil button now wakes it up to a choice of slide to unlock options!!!
Thank you so much for the recommendation! It is pretty much exactly what I wanted!!!
Another good morning for the unemployed guy!!!

dreamtomorrow

Reaction score
IT'S GREAT!!! From all I can tell, by unselecting most all of the options, my "Orbital Trackball" now works to wake up the screen! WOOHOO!!! Once the phone is unlocked, the orbital trackball will not work to put the screen to sleep, because then it functions as it should as an option to scroll and select on the the screen, or to snap a picture! But from a locked sleeping screen, that cute lil button now wakes it up to a choice of slide to unlock options!!!
Thank you so much for the recommendation! It is pretty much exactly what I wanted!!!
Another good morning for the unemployed guy!!!

I'm also trying to use the trackpad as a wake up function and read this thread and installed the free lockbot, but haven't figured out how to make it light up to unlock, could you mention which steps you took/what options you selected/unselected? Thanks! It'd be such a help!

OP
G

Godly 1

Reaction score
Well, it didn't "light the orbital ball up"... It just allowed me to push that button with my thumb to wake the screen up instead of using my pointer finger to wake the screen up with the true lock button on the upper left... Honestly... I loved it for a few days, then I started to have to push the button multiple times, our hold it down... To where out became such a nuisance, I just installed it all together...sigh... Back to the upper left button like everyone else...