What do I do to upgrade to Liberty GB or CM7?

brutalDROID

Reaction score
Alright fellas...I havent been around in a while due to school. But I used to be all into rooting and know jsut about everything there is to know back when Liberty was first released. Because of my knowledge, I know that the rooting methods/ROM install methods change when every ROM updates. So my question is:
I want to either upgrade my Libery ROM, or upgrade to the new CM7. Any recommendations on which is preferred? I prefer better battery life, custimization, etc. I would go ahead and try it myself, but I happened to brick my original D2 by trying to SAF, and ended up with a free replacement. Since im in school now, I cant risk not having a phone, so I do not want to jsut go ahead and install myself, hoping/praying it will work.

This is where im at:
Android Version: 2.2.1
Baseband Version: BP_C_01.09.07P
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-g462500f dbretzm1@il93lnxdroid22 #1
MOD/ROM version: Liberty v2.0.1

I THINK that this is the old monster GB leak or something, I cant be completely sure. THIS is why I need to know EXACTLY what to do...do I SAF back to something? Or can I just install either ROMS?

If someone can help, id greatly appreciate it.

louy99

Reaction score
Youre still on froyo. You need GB to jump to Lib GB. Ther is a cm7 froyo you can jump to from where you are and there is a cm7 GB too but that requires you to jump to GB first too. if you have the paid version of rom manager, you can get the froyo nightlies and try them out

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums