What company really makes the HTC Incredible?

Superjay

Reaction score
;)

I've been in the car audio industry for about 20 years now. Audiovox was one of the founding companies. I have quite a few friends there. I typically find out about subsidiaries before they're announced.

I'm pretty sure HTC made the phone you put in that link, and sold it to others with slight changes (or none, depending on the exclusivity contracts)

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Yea I think I fell victim to Hitlers 'The Big Lie" theory, "If you hear something enough times, you start to believe it"

My first car phone in, 97 was audiovox.. ahh those were the days, $1900 or so for the phone and like $2.95 a minute..

Anticitizen

Reaction score
As far as I can tell, Audiovox and UTStarcomm aren't manufacturers... they're a branding and distribution company, like RCA. They license their names to products made by smaller manufacturers (like Pantech) and distribute their products.

Superjay

Reaction score
I remember those days. I had a Nokia back in 1989 that was about the same dimensions as a brick. I think it weighed about the same, too.

Superjay

Reaction score
As far as I can tell, Audiovox and UTStarcomm aren't manufacturers... they're a branding and distribution company, like RCA. They license their names to products made by smaller manufacturers (like Pantech) and distribute their products.

Audiovox still makes car audio products, Audiovox is a large conglomerate... RCA is just one of their many companies

jsternbe

Reaction score
As far as I can tell, HTC used to manufacture devices and then they were sold to different companies to sell under their own brand names. I wouldn't be surprised if they made something for Audiovox in the past. Now HTC has been selling phones under their own name instead of always having them re-branded.

xliderider

Reaction score
J

Johnly

There is a nice wiki article...just punch in HTC..they used to make Computers, and were windows based...
mojo already got it....

Superjay

Reaction score
Yea, ignore the sarcasm, audiovox is htc..
no it isn't

Welcome to Audiovox Corporation - based in Hauppauge, New York

About HTC - Contact Us - based in Bellevue, Washington

They are most certainly NOT the same company. Especially if you consider that Audiovox has always been an American company, and HTC is a Chinese based company.

HTC is Taiwanese, not Chinese.

The difference is null when talking about sourcing and quality. The biggest difference is how the business is operated based on government regulations. i have product manufactured in both places.

urboyissues

Reaction score
Ummm... just a wild guess. HTC? I could be wrong but I really do think it is HTC. Not entirely positive but HTC seems to be the company that makes the HTC Incredible. Did I mention that HTC makes the HTC Incredible. Yeah HTC. Yeah that's it, that's the ticket.

Oooh now just wondering who makes the Ford Mustang? Chevrolet? Hyundai? Kia? Are you SURE Ford makes the Ford Mustang? Maybe it's Chrysler? I dunno.

HAHA totally beat me to it.. that's all I wanted to post as soon as I say the thread name..haha wait.. I don't know if your right tho.. I mean does the HTC Incredible really seem like a product HTC would make.. and what about that sense on it.. I know it's called HTC new sense but does that really mean HTC is the one behind it.. kinda like our government.. whao.. chills