What case do you have

wardo

Reaction score
Let's see and hear about them.

tap a talka thingy

jseah

Reaction score
I picked up this Ringke case

Amazon.com: [SF Matte Black] Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Ringke SLIM Soft Feeling Premium Hard Case AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and Unlocked - Eco Package: Cell Phones & Accessories

and this Seidio case/holster combo

Amazon.com: Seidio BD2-HR3SSGT2K-RB SURFACE Case with Metal Kickstand and Holster Combo for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Retail Packaging - Royal Blue: Cell Phones & Accessories

The Ringke case has a slightly rubbery texture and is really nice if you want a thin case. The only thing I don't like about it is the top and bottom edge of the phone is exposed. The Seidio Surface is a bit thicker, but it fully covers the phone, has a metal kickstand built into it, and it comes with a belt holster. The phone is a tad big hanging at your waist, but I don't really pocket my phones and I have no man purse to carry the phone around in.

Last edited:

melvkong

Reaction score
I have the similar case like yours. The thin case. imak and nilkin . both share the same design ..imak has the sand paper feel alike texture. While the nilkin is rubber plastic feel. liked you said. . The problem for this type of casing is the top and bottom exposed. hope them or some other will redesign the top and bottom cover for this thin case.

Caesars

Reaction score
Does seidio have any cases that are lined with silicone? I'm just worried that another case like the defender (hard plastic skeleton) will scratch the crap out of my new note (like it did my naxx).

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

jseah

Reaction score
Does seidio have any cases that are lined with silicone? I'm just worried that another case like the defender (hard plastic skeleton) will scratch the crap out of my new note (like it did my naxx).

The Surface case has a felt lining on the back surface that touches the battery cover. There is no lining on the sides that covers the edge of the phone. I would have to say that it is a very nice fit. The Surface is a two piece case as in there is a top portion and bottom portion that slides over the top 60% and bottom 40% of the phone and snaps together. If you look closely at the pictures of the case, you can see the line where the two pieces meet.

Seidio also makes the Active case, which is a heavier duty case. It has a rubber case that slips over the phone and then a hard plastic exoskeleton that snaps over the rubber case. I had one for the Thunderbolt and didn't really like it. Over time, the rubber case stretched out a bit and would sag on the phone. The Active case also is a much thicker case, similar to an Otterbox Defender.

jseah

Reaction score
TPU is a soft flexible plastic, but it is stiffer than silicone. I like TPU cases because they have a smooth surface so lint does not stick to it like the silicone cases, but it will have some "give" to provide cushioning should you drop the phone.

DroidMoose

Reaction score
Reaction score
For Samsung N7100 Galaxy Note II 2 Black Hard Gummy Kickstand Case Cover Stylus | eBay

I ordered this one in green. This particular listing comes with an extra matching stylus and a screen protector, but there are plenty of others on ebay with just the case. Lots of colors, cool kickstand. Nice combo of price, protection, style, texture, and thickness.

Debating getting the Seidio Surface as well. Liked that case for my TB, and it has the metal kickstand I grew to love with that phone. But waiting to see if a better option comes up in the next couple of months since I already ordered the one above to get me by in the meantime.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm currently using the black one from this pack of four.

View attachment 58857

I'm waiting for Diztronic to release their Note 2 cases (which are supposed to be coming this month). But in the meantime, I wanted something to protect the phone. I stumbled across these on Amazon, and for the price (plus free two day shipping with Prime), they seemed like the best way to go, especially since I'd get four different colors. I expected the cases to be extremely cheap and practically useless, but they're actually very well made. They fit the Note 2 like a glove, and the buttons are very easy to press. They feel great in hand too due to the textured grips on the sides. If you're looking for a cheap TPU case, they're definitely not a bad way to go.

I'm thinking about picking up a Seidio Surface or Active case at this point. Although I've never really found myself wanting a case with a kickstand in the past, it's something that I think I'll use quite often with the Note 2.

Caesars

Reaction score
Does seidio sell a case with silicone on the inside and plastic on the outside (like the commuter). Otterbox is taking thur sweet time on the note 2 cases, so Inc seidio (hopefully).