What Anime do you have on your DROID?

MrCapcom

Just a general anime discussion etc for the forum ^_^

ATM I'm trying to get caught up with One Piece so I have One Piece movies 1-5
Soon ill throw up some episodes on it im up to episode 102 400+ episodes to go before im current lol:icon_ banana:

ntrddragn

^ really? it has it moments a tad slow on on part with lack of sword fighting. Here is a synopsis on the sky crawlers from anime new network :D "In a world very similar to ours, there are children who do not age. They're known as "Kildren," and they're fighting a war. Against whom, and to what end is not important. One such boy, a young fighter pilot named Yuichi Kannami, arrives at his base out in the country, assigned to a small battalion. He's never met these people before, but soon finds himself in an alarmingly familiar routine, acting out relationships that seem predestined. Of course, this has all happened before." its a bit slow. im like 20 mins into the movie. I want to finished to see what happen even though its been a slow start. haha...

going to put Bleach on sometime this week. I have to catch up. im wayyyy behind.

OP
MrCapcom

MrCapcom

lol started laughing when it started with "in a world"
Yea I might have been too judgemental because if your called sword of the stranger i would expect it to have like 90% sword related things just in the first 20 minutes lol
I been trying to focus on One Piece lately, and im tryin to find a good copy of Spriggan loved that move lol

NVash

Yall watching Dubbed or Subbed versions? Id figure the Subs would be hard to read since theyre so small.

And the Droid can only read MP4 right? I cant drop an AVI file on here and expect it to work I dont think.

ntrddragn

NVash..im watching sub version and very clear for me. and yes its mp4 so you cant watch avi files you need to convert them.

OP
MrCapcom

MrCapcom

Yup Yup the subtitles arent as small as you would think I can read it with out squinting. I use DVD Catalyst and the DROID HQ2 profile to convert all my AVI's to work on my DROID. I have yet to convert a mkv though I would susupect it might have problems. Is there any display capture programs that work with out root?

D

dvdcatalyst

Yup Yup the subtitles arent as small as you would think I can read it with out squinting. I use DVD Catalyst and the DROID HQ2 profile to convert all my AVI's to work on my DROID. I have yet to convert a mkv though I would susupect it might have problems. Is there any display capture programs that work with out root?

Almost all MKV's work, including language selection and subtitle selection in Anime files. I ran into a few files that had issues during conversion (Gunslinger Girl was one of them) due to some inconsistencies (bad header, weird stitching when they removed commercials or something) in the original files, which caused the conversion to crash mid-way, but I havent had problems with that lately.

Subtitle size is adjustable as well, unless they are burned into the video of course.

edit: You do know you can just drag folders with your avi's onto dvdcat, right? It will sort out what it can do, and ignore stuff it can't handle (pics and docs for example)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
MrCapcom

MrCapcom

Oh cool I never knew that I will have to try that out I just know before most apps say they can't handle the container of mkv time to start converting!

Am using DVD Catalyst and I have two questions, first one is that I want to put show which has a dub and listen to that (the show in question is Cromartie High School which has one of the best dubs ever made) and have no subtitle in the video. But each time I try to convert it the subtitles are always there, I went into the general settings and unchecked the forced subtitles and made sure the subtitles box on the converting menu isn't checked. My other one is there a way to change the subtitle front of the show from the defalut one to the ones used when your watching it on the PC?

D

dvdcatalyst

Am using DVD Catalyst and I have two questions, first one is that I want to put show which has a dub and listen to that (the show in question is Cromartie High School which has one of the best dubs ever made) and have no subtitle in the video. But each time I try to convert it the subtitles are always there, I went into the general settings and unchecked the forced subtitles and made sure the subtitles box on the converting menu isn't checked. My other one is there a way to change the subtitle front of the show from the defalut one to the ones used when your watching it on the PC?

Some MKV files have subtitles turned on by default. to turn that off, enable the "No subtitles" box in Global Settings > Language.

You can change the subtitle font manually, but its a little complicated.

Make sure dvdcat is not running.

Click on start > run (or hold the windows-key on your keyboard and tap R) and in the box type in

%appdata%

and click OK.
then go into the "DVD Catalyst3" folder and in there in the mplayer folder.

delete the subtitle font, and copy one from your c:\windows\fonts folder over, and rename it subfont. Make sure the file extension is ttf
If it doesn't work, just delete the file, and the next time dvdcat starts, it will put it back.