What and When Will Be The Next Big Verizon Droid Release?

daudi81

Reaction score
I just spent my upgrade on the Galaxy Nexus (and gave my wife the Tbolt) - but my wife is totally in love with the Nexus. She has an upgrade coming up in March - so I told her if she wanted the nexus I would just use her upgrade in March.

I did a few quick Google searches, but couldn't find anything other than the Droid 4 coming out (unless it's already out?)

Not really a fan of slideouts. I love the Gnex but the radio issues are kinda annoying. Wouldn't mind getting something just like the Nexus but without reception issues and that's NOT a Samsung - I HATE Samsung phones, I've never not had a problem with one.

Anyone?

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Maybe something will be announced or shown off at MWC. The next big things will probably be quad core phones and they may take a few more months before we start seeing some leaks.

OP
D

daudi81

Reaction score
Cool - so it sounds like I will probably be waiting until at least summer to use her upgrade?

I don't mind either way - just curious.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
D4 is the next latest/greatest release. It should be the last major release for awhile, but at this point who knows...

droidxd00d

Reaction score
Next thing will probably be the galaxy journal aka galaxy note. But after that its anybody's guess. I'm betting quad core by Q3

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

daimien

Reaction score
Yes I can't wait for the note I was going to get a d4

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

acousticshade

Reaction score
You should check out the HTC Rezound. There are quite a few Gnex users who switched and really like it. The radios are excellent and very solid and the screen and camera are comparable. I live in a rural area and get very good reception.

It's hard to say when the next Tier 1 phones will come out, but I think they usually wait until spring because they probably don't get a lot of sales in mid-late winter.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Yes I can't wait for the note I was going to get a d4

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Is there any proof that this phone is coming to Verizon? Thought it was just At&t or Sprint.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

droidxd00d

Reaction score
Is there any proof that this phone is coming to Verizon? Thought it was just At&t or Sprint.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Its confirmed coming to Verizon as the galaxy journal

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums