What am I missing?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm betting I changed some obscure setting while trouble shooting something else, or being too clever for my own good, and messed up something within the phone settings.
Wearing my old watch. I'll deal with it later and will report back with how it worked out.
Thanks for being here, Sajo. You're always a huge help!
I don't think it's a Setting you changed. Based on both of us having the same issue (and others from what I read on Google Support pages) I think it's a big in the Wear OS setup process. Something makes the process not "see" the new watch correctly and can't copy the Google account over to the watch.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Well, not sure if that makes me feel better lol. So, there's a possibility an FDR on my phone won't help... I guess I'll just keep uninstalling and reinstalling Wear until they talk to watch other <sigh>

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
No, I think the FDR will help. I think something your phone OS / apps / something is the issue. I am fairly confident that everything will work fine on a phone with a fresh OS

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Welp, I was sitting down waiting to watch a friend's wedding live streamed (such a crazy time) and decided to uninstall and reinstall Wear one more time before FDR.
My watch and phone are taking to each other. I don't think I did a single thing differently this time, just wanted to try one more time.
Unbelievable.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welp, I was sitting down waiting to watch a friend's wedding live streamed (such a crazy time) and decided to uninstall and reinstall Wear one more time before FDR.
My watch and phone are taking to each other. I don't think I did a single thing differently this time, just wanted to try one more time.
Unbelievable.
Good deal!