Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Got the forum working right.
This post is from my watch muhaha
Edit to add screen shot.
Man I feel like a kid on Christmas morning that just found out Santa is REAL.
4e8011132b415bcbebba6a9d83f8b995.jpg
My, how did you get the 4 I'm just playing like that on your watch? I have the moto 360, can I make it do the same thing?

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I kinda like Wear Internet Browser's keyboard. It's decent size & you scroll it left & right to access the other half.

Can't really see what you've typed though.
281ccdfe7e8d77943d40114ef7bbce0f.jpg

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I kinda like Wear Internet Browser's keyboard. It's decent size & you scroll it left & right to access the other half.

Can't really see what you've typed though.
281ccdfe7e8d77943d40114ef7bbce0f.jpg

The S comes with the same Samsung keyboard as the Note4, including SK Flow. The watch is capable of using others but nobody has one on the Gear store yet. I keep seeing some are using Flexy keyboard but I don't know where they're getting it.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Also, how is everyone taking screen shots? I know the 360 isn't the smarch of choice here but was hoping someone would know for inferior little me.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Also, how is everyone taking screen shots? I know the 360 isn't the smarch of choice here but was hoping someone would know for inferior little me.

Should have the option in the wear app on the phone. Tap the 3 dot menu in the top right. Some say you have to enable developer options on the watch itself first. Not sure if that's true, because I enabled them before trying to take a screenshot. Then, you have to email it to yourself & download it.

4805ecc0f9d491c99ab6fe7cfdf15121.jpg

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

On Galaxy Gear you swipe left to right while holding the power button. To send to phone you open the gallery, long press the photo, tap the bottom left icon, it sends it to a Gear folder in the phones gallery.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it was mentioned before but just to refresh, the battery charger is also an external battery that is 350mah so the watch can be charged using the external battery and not plugged in to ac current.
Saturday night when I put the unplugged charger on the watch the watch battery was approx 50%. It charged fine,I didn't bother to see how long it took to reach full. Last night the watch was just below 75% and I did as Saturday night in my charge method and it once again reached full with no problem.
I write that because the first time I tried using the external battery it was also when I had run the watch down to 5% before plugging in. The external battery was showing full when I unplugged it BUT it only charged the watch to 69%. I'm not sure why and will experiment to see if perhaps it was just the external battery wasn't really full. The watch meter was pretty far off when new as well, dropping from 19% to 5% in about an hour of idle time, confirming my initial decision to let it drain.
From what I'm observing by earlier in the week charging, and occasionally looking at the color of the light on the charger, it seems to charge the watch from its battery then recharge its own battery. The light on the charger is blue when it's not charging but plugged in but turns red after the watch reaches the point where it stops charging. I feel much better about the fear of it discharging to fill the watch while simultaneously refilling itself.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Noteate

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since the last couple of days with normal use have used half the battery, or less, I'm going to experiment with a brighter wallpaper. The old is
7de9faf9076a2186a701a227378f4820.jpg

and I'm going to go with this
5a98c43876f3bd46ddf7fa8b85e84f77.jpg

Here's what the widgets look like with the new
f7e396d6c183bcb36bd39e48f042c360.jpg

9b92ef7d8a76a903fba523d0b65fc8d7.jpg

I'll give it a couple of days unless I see a huge drop in battery

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
After a day with the above posted wallpaper I noticed my battery was about the same, 63% left when I plugged in at 9pm. If memory serves it was 67% last night around the same time and unplugged at the same time this morning as usual.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still no discernible difference in battery life with the brighter wallpaper.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4