"Continue setup on phone"

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Asus Zenwatch3 and Moto Z4. Worked perfectly until yesterday. Watch lost connection to the phone. I've tried uninstalling, resetting, rebooting, clearing data on Wear app, reinstalling app, etc, but we've got issues. The watch is saying "Continue setup on phone", but there's nothing coming up on the phone for me to do. Bluetooth says it's connected, but I'm not sure what it's wanting from the phone. Wear app isn't asking for anything.
Thoughts?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
Asus Zenwatch3 and Moto Z4. Worked perfectly until yesterday. Watch lost connection to the phone. I've tried uninstalling, resetting, rebooting, clearing data on Wear app, reinstalling app, etc, but we've got issues. The watch is saying "Continue setup on phone", but there's nothing coming up on the phone for me to do. Bluetooth says it's connected, but I'm not sure what it's wanting from the phone. Wear app isn't asking for anything.
Thoughts?

On your phone bluetooth setting where it says it's connected to the watch, there should be an option "to forget this device." Once you've selected forget device have the phone scan for new device and try that.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Same thing happened to my wife's watch & phone the other day. No apparent reason why. But the exact same thing. It took me about 5 tries and it finally prompted me on the phone to continue and then everything finished successfully. But after each try I factory reset the watch > cleared all data from the Wear OS app on phone > and selected Forget This Watch from the Wear OS app > uninstalled and reinstalled Wear OS. Like I said after about an hour (and lots of frustration & bad words) it finally worked. I have been wearing Android Wear watches since January 2015 and have never seen this happen before

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Finally connected on its own
Started messing with it last night at around 6. Fiddled until midnight. Back at it at 6 this morning. Posted this plea for help, walked away, came back, and the phone was ready for prompts.
Apps updating now.
What a weird issue. Must be Wear messing things up.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There is something strange with either the Wear OS app or the Wear OS system on the watch right now. Never seen this before and I have setup many watches. Hopefully Google will push an update soon to address the weird setup issue

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Updated on the watch, but nothing's working right. At least the time finally corrected itself. Guess I'll just use it as a watch until Google fixes whatever is broken.
Frustrated, to say the least.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Updated on the watch, but nothing's working right. At least the time finally corrected itself. Guess I'll just use it as a watch until Google fixes whatever is broken.
Frustrated, to say the least.

That happened to me on attempt 3 or 4. I just kept factory resetting the watch and then all the stuff I mentioned about Wear OS app and eventually it paired successfully. I don't think what you described will auto-correct itself, you will probably need to start over eventually

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I did one final clearing, forgetting, reset, and reboot. It was still funky, got disgusted, threw it on the charger, then went about my day. The thing just seemed frozen.
Now, it seems like it's back up and running like it's supposed to. I have no idea what caused this to happen to our watches, but I'm thankful to be beyond the headache -- for now.
My battery drained quickly, so I need to figure out what's sucking up all the juice and make adjustments.
Thanks to all who jumped in to help. I was at my wit's end.
This forum might be fairly quiet these days, but it's still worth it's weight in gold thanks to y'all!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My watch battery started draining rapidly recently after a Google account password change and then resynching my Google account with my watch. I rebooted the watch and then turned Off WiFi and NFC and Location Access on my watch and battery is good again