New watch - phone won't show notifications now.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It's starting to sound like the issue is with your phone and not with the watch. You could try putting the phone in Safe Mode for a little while and see how Notifications work, see if you have sound again, etc. That would help point to an app / app update versus a system Setting.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
It's starting to sound like the issue is with your phone and not with the watch. You could try putting the phone in Safe Mode for a little while and see how Notifications work, see if you have sound again, etc. That would help point to an app / app update versus a system Setting.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking....
Will you please remind me how I do that? I don't do it enough to remember.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
In other news, my Tapatalk notifications just started working
I still can't get in, but the notification is popping up and staying at the top.
Uninstalled the watch app and notifications are rolling in with sound and staying at the top! Okay, now to figure out what's up with that app.
Thank you, all!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Happens to me constantly since I got Oreo. Coincidentally, I just paid for the ad free version when this started (thanks opinion rewards). So annoyed.

Sent from my Moto Z2 using Tapatalk
I've had the ad free version for years. Forgot that was even an option. Haha

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I never even knew until yesterday! Now I'm regretting it if that's what's keeping me out of it.
Nah. Tapatalk is big on breaking the app & notifications every other day, regardless of the version you use. Unless you're like some who run a really old version & refuse to update. That's not my style though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Zenwatch app reinstalled and notifications are pinging, ringing, and zinging! I think the initial install and yesterday's reinstall didn't work properly.
Phew, I *think* this mystery has been solved! I'll keep this open for a couple of days before making it solved --- just in case.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Glad to hear things seem to be working correctly at the moment. Gotta love this modern technology we carry with us each day, and all of it's joys & frustrations.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I gotta say this again. I absolutely love this place! As soon as I get stumped or need advice, I come running to this place. Y'all are super helpful, funny, and full of knowledge.
When I told my husband I thought I had problems, he asked if I had posted in here yet. He gauges the size of my problem that way