New watch - phone won't show notifications now.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I have had some issues lately with no Notifications from Tapatalk. It's been kind of hit & miss for me. Tapatalk Notifications work for a long while, then don't work for a day or two, then are good again for a few weeks, etc.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Good to know. Moving on to next issue. It appears the AW app option isn't in my phone??? It's not in my list of apps in settings or in my drawer. Weird. Is there a way to resync the apps into the watch without a full reset?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Are you talking about inside Tapatalk? What about in settings of the phone. I already forgot where that is in Nougat. LOL Applications?

Sent from my Moto Z2 using Tapatalk

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Are you talking about inside Tapatalk? What about in settings of the phone. I already forgot where that is in Nougat. LOL Applications?

I don't think I've messed with anything on my phone. It's all been watch stuff.
I'll look around in my phone settings for notifications.
Found the sight that helped me reconnect my phone to the car. Bluetooth settings on the watch. "Play phone voice on watch" must be unchecked.
Need that documented here so I can find it easier next time

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I don't think I've messed with anything on my phone. It's all been watch stuff.
I'll look around in my phone settings for notifications.
Found the sight that helped me reconnect my phone to the car. Bluetooth settings on the watch. "Play phone voice on watch" must be unchecked.
Need that documented here so I can find it easier next time
Been watching my phone and no notifications. It's gotta be a setting somewhere.
I'm not going to continue to bug y'all. If you come across a solution, please let me know. If I figure it out, I'll share the fix here.
Have a great Saturday night!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Check Settings > Notification > gear symbol > On the lock screen > make sure it's set to Show All.

Then maybe check the Moto App > Display > make sure Display is set to On, and that Block Apps isn't blocking all apps that would normally show Notifications. Also, within the Moto App > Display Settings > Select How Much Detail > make sure it's not set to Don't Show...

It sounds like something with the setup of your new watch overrode some Setting and turned off Notifications on your phone.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Is there a separate Asus app for it?

You're kind of talking to the experts here. Few people know these better then us nerds. We know AW. Amirite?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
There is. Did you install it?
2479af36301376a9a9826a23de5d890e.jpg

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force

Yes. I've googled and tried

Yes Sir!
I think I've tried everything. I did notice Android System Webview is disabled on my phone. I can't figure out how to turn it back on. Do y'all think that might be it?

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Yes. I've googled and tried

Yes Sir!
I think I've tried everything. I did notice Android System Webview is disabled on my phone. I can't figure out how to turn it back on. Do y'all think that might be it?
Ugh, I thought I was posting a screen capture here (upload file). No idea where that went
Tapatalk won't load on my phone right now, and in Webview. That happens from time to time, so I'm not thinking that's associated with bigger problems.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Ugh, I thought I was posting a screen capture here (upload file). No idea where that went
Tapatalk won't load on my phone right now, and in Webview. That happens from time to time, so I'm not thinking that's associated with bigger problems.
Sometimes I get a Tapatalk notification, tap it, & nothing loads. But if I close it & reopen it, I can navigate to my notifications within the app & the thread will load.

I've been lurking here. This is definitely a weird issue. Like Sajo said, it's usually the watch notifications not working, but the phone ones are.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Sometimes I get a Tapatalk notification, tap it, & nothing loads. But if I close it & reopen it, I can navigate to my notifications within the app & the thread will load.

I've been lurking here. This is definitely a weird issue. Like Sajo said, it's usually the watch notifications not working, but the phone ones are.

Thanks for joining the party, Johnny!
Yeah, I'm used to Tapatalk bugs. I made that comment because I have NO idea where that picture went lol
This is a weird one, but I'm determined to figure it out. I'm missing urgent emails and missing notifications for a non-profit organization I'm heavily involved with. We communicate through Facebook, mostly. I'm not as present as I need to be.
I did uninstall and reinstall Facebook, but that didn't help. My focus is on the watch AND phone.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Android System Webview is disabled on my Z Force also, so I don't think that's an issue. I don't remember disabling that one, so it must have been disabled by an update, or by the Moto App.

The only other thing I can think of, is the app that comes with your watch, like Pere mentioned.

So when the watch was unpaired and not connected to your phone, were you receiving Notifications normally?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2

Happens to me constantly since I got Oreo. Coincidentally, I just paid for the ad free version when this started (thanks opinion rewards). So annoyed.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Android System Webview is disabled on my Z Force also, so I don't think that's an issue. I don't remember disabling that one, so it must have been disabled by an update, or by the Moto App.

The only other thing I can think of, is the app that comes with your watch, like Pere mentioned.

So when the watch was unpaired and not connected to your phone, were you receiving Notifications normally?

I thought notifications were working without the watch. Didn't give it time for everything, but now I'm not certain.
Here's what I've got.
Watch completely disconnected right now.
No email notifications EXCEPT Gmail. Gmail IS notifying and staying at the top of my screen.
FB shows a quick "pop-up", but notification isn't showing at the top.
No breaking news notifications at the top, yet we've had them.
ALL notifications ( email & social media) set with a ringtone & vibrate. NO sounds, only vibrate. Email isn't doing squat. No pop-ups, no vibration, no sound. I've got nothing to tell me something email had come in except to go open and look.

I've did through every tunnel I've been able to find in my phone and watch and made sure nothing was turned off anywhere.
I'm beginning to think it's NOT the watch, but an internal setting somewhere in my phone. Goodness, I think I've looked everywhere.
Perhaps an updated app has screwed with me again???

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Happens to me constantly since I got Oreo. Coincidentally, I just paid for the ad free version when this started (thanks opinion rewards). So annoyed.

I just took advantage of the "first month free" yesterday. That's when Tapatalk stopped cooperating.