What A Feeling--Do You Drive A Toyota

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, now the Secretary of the Department of Transportation has now said take your car back to your Toyota Dealer. I've got two of them and when I went on line I found still another issue that my car is being recalled for. A problem with the break lines in cold weather!

I'm calling a dealer to find out what we should do. I'd sell them but we lease so we are kind of stuck.

Edit: I just found out from Toyota that if your VIN begins with a J your car is not affected by the gas pedal issue. That's my car so it's not a concern for me. If anybody else wants to discuss, feel free.

ricepuddin

Reaction score
This hurts my :heart:... I've been a diehard Toyota fan for years, but recent events.

I hope they take care of your issues soon, and if you experience unintended acceleration please throw it in N, then brake.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This hurts my :heart:... I've been a diehard Toyota fan for years, but recent events.

I hope they take care of your issues soon, and if you experience unintended acceleration please throw it in N, then brake.

You didn't catch my edit. Found out my car isn't in the recall group. Lucky I guess.

ricepuddin

Reaction score

You didn't catch my edit. Found out my car isn't in the recall group. Lucky I guess.

nope, glad to hear it though:icon_ banana:

armeddroid

Reaction score
hell my car has had 4 recalls this year alone.
1st generation car
Glad to see the Toyota Venza isnt on the list.

Big Cam

Reaction score
It's just an unfortunate mistake made by one of the biggest car companies on the planet, it's sad that news is coming out of them knowing about it for years and years.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's just an unfortunate mistake made by one of the biggest car companies on the planet, it's sad that news is coming out of them knowing about it for years and years.

Are we certain they've known about it for years? I thought there was an investigation into it.

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
They knew of the floor mat issue for years , not the gas pedal now , and this is all voluntary recalls , something you would not hear of from the Big 3 doing .
Kudos to Toyota for acting quickly and responsibly .
A.P.A.U.L. , American People Against Union Labor , they the UAW want to crush Toyota because they know only one thing , thugs .

ricepuddin

Reaction score

They will bounce back just as ford did with the Pinto debacle. And with new leadership (Toyoda) saying that the company has gotten to big, and wants to bring them back to their roots.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

They will bounce back just as ford did with the Pinto debacle. And with new leadership (Toyoda) saying that the company has gotten to big, and wants to bring them back to their roots.

It hasn't destroyed my confidence in the company. It's unfortunate but now at least we know it's limited to American made cars.

It's interesting how Apple's Steve Wozniak is bringing attention to the Prius. He claims the car takes off while on auto drive.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fortunately my Prius isn't part of this recall. It's part of the "Floor Mat Under the Gas Pedal" recall (although mine has the correct holders).

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fortunately my Prius isn't part of this recall. It's part of the "rug under the gas pedal" recall (although mine has the correct holders).

Wozniak is claiming the 2010 Prius has the issue with the throttle raising speed while on cruse control. I don't know if they are looking into that or not.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fortunately my Prius isn't part of this recall. It's part of the "rug under the gas pedal" recall (although mine has the correct holders).

Wozniak is claiming the 2010 Prius has the issue with the throttle raising speed while on cruse control. I don't know if they are looking into that or not.

Yes, I saw that. I have a 2005.

jasonb

Reaction score
i have a Scion which is still a Toyota. i guess my model is not in this list of affected vehicles though.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The key to Toyota Corolla's is if you have a "J" starting your VIN then your car was made in Japan. Japanese cars do not have these issues. However if your Toyota starts off with another letter/number, it's an American made car and those are the problems.

My wife and I both bought our Corolla's at the same time. We were told by the sales person that both cars were made in America, but now I've found that mine wasn't and hers is. She will have to get the replacement part for the gas pedal issue.

I don't know why they just don't tell people that on television. It would relieve the minds of so many people. But it's February, a ratings month, and in order to keep the paranoia at the proper level I guess they want to withhold that information.:frown: