wet droid

antisomnic

Reaction score
A few days ago I spilled a soda and some of it... not a ton got on my Droid. I pulled the battery as soon as i realized that some got on the phone and wiped it off. I left the battery out for a few hours, but I didn't have the patience to leave it for a few days. It acted really weird when i first turned it back on, like when i pressed the t key it would enter a few random characters and shut off the screen, stuff like that. The water thing in the back that tells technicians if it got wet looked unchanged so I figured I'd bring it into the Verizon store. She said show me what it's doing. I went to show her and the phone worked fine. My question is does a phone getting wet always cause permanent damage or can it sometimes start working fine again once it dries out. I don't know if this is random and it will go back to malfunctioning again or if it's dried out now.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, over time, unfortunately components that got wet very possibly will corrode, and eventually you'd have some problems again. It's not 100% positively going to happen, but there is a chance that it will. So, if the phone acts up again, have it looked at, it could be the beginning of more problems.