Wet Droid.. almost still works!

FloMotive

Reaction score
I assume there are tons of threads on the exact same subject.. but none that I've read explain my particular situation. This is my first post so I apologize if there was a more appropriate place for it.

My droid was briefly submerged in water.. I immediately took the battery out and set it out to dry.. I then read in these forums that putting it in rice will dry it out, so I did that for 3 days. The Droid is now almost fully functional.. except the backlight only flashes on sometimes, which gives me hope! The wierd thing is, it seems to flash on only when I'm in the browser. If I have a flashlight (LED) or sunlight I can somewhat see the screen.. just enough to text and make calls. Can anyone relate to this? Do you think my backlight will start working completely when it's dried out all the way? And if not, can I just get the backlight fixed?

cpjr

Reaction score
Water/moisture doesnt keep a piece of electronics from working...in other words, it wont get better when its dry.

There is no telling what could have gotten damaged/fried. Could be a screen issue or could be on another board. I can tell you this, you wont be able to diagnose it yourself.

I repair iphones for fun and have worked on alot of water damaged units, tracking down the issue isnt fun, usually takes probing the board and is most times not repairable.

Jason1976

Reaction score
maybe you can find a bricked droid on ebay to use for parts and switch screen or other parts to make it work.

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
I assume there are tons of threads on the exact same subject.. but none that I've read explain my particular situation. This is my first post so I apologize if there was a more appropriate place for it.

My droid was briefly submerged in water.. I immediately took the battery out and set it out to dry.. I then read in these forums that putting it in rice will dry it out, so I did that for 3 days. The Droid is now almost fully functional.. except the backlight only flashes on sometimes, which gives me hope! The wierd thing is, it seems to flash on only when I'm in the browser. If I have a flashlight (LED) or sunlight I can somewhat see the screen.. just enough to text and make calls. Can anyone relate to this? Do you think my backlight will start working completely when it's dried out all the way? And if not, can I just get the backlight fixed?

I don't know about getting the backlight fixed, but its probably not only the backlight that needs fixing but the only thing aware to you. Also, you cannot get use your warranty now since there is a part of the phone that Motorola/Verizon uses to tell if water ever came in contact with the phone. So, your best luck would be to try and either get someone to look at it that fixes electronics that water have gotten into or buying a new phone. Good luck!