Droid Pro - got wet & still isn't working!

NikkiK85

Reaction score
If only I had found this forum first! I've read through quite a few of the other threads about wet phones but now I'm posting my own story and seeking advice!!

~ Saturday around 8pm - phone fell in the sink with very little water (it was running water and a bit in the bottom but no soap or anything). I got it out quick and dried it off but it was working fine so I never turned it off (eek!). I did dry off the outside really good but that's it (eek!)

~ Saturday around 9pm - Camera light came on and wouldn't turn off so at this point I shut off the phone. Took the battery out, dried it off better, and than I turned it back on (eek!) After that it was working fine all night. I could see a little water under the screen at this point but didn't think much of it because I figured if it was working it must be fine.

~ Sunday around 9am - Phone shut off and wont turn back on. I tried charging but only for a minute because I could tell it wasn't doing anything. I took the battery, sim card, & memory card out at this point knowing they needed to be out long before.

~ Sunday around 10am - I put the battery and phone in a zippy full of rice.

~ Fastforward to today/Monday ....still not working, still not charging! Visible moisture has been gone for a while now (under the screen cleared up really quickly from the rice) but the phone still wont work.

Am I just going to have to fork up the money to buy a new phone or should I wait it out?? I've only had the phone for about 2 months so I'm beyond bummed!!!!

OP
N

NikkiK85

Reaction score
BTW I forgot to add that I also took a cotton swab with alcohol on it and gently wiped the phone down. I know some say rice doesn't work but I figured it can't hurt so I'm trying it anyway.

Also when I did try to charge it the phone went to the Motorola screen but not the battery charging screen.

I'm going crazy without my phone but I still don't want to replace it and than find out that if I had waited longer my phone would have worked fine. So what do you think? Did I mess it up for good by turning it on & off and for waiting so long to remove the battery?

joshoid

Reaction score
I would plan on buying a new phone. If your accident proned look into insurance. Cheaper than new phone!

Swyped from my Elite Droid!

OP
N

NikkiK85

Reaction score
Hey,
Thanks I guess if it's not working by morning than I will have to go in to get a new one. Yeah I'm not usually accident prone but I will def carry insurance from now on I guess!!!

indiantechie

Reaction score
phone fell in the sink with very little water (it was running water and a bit in the bottom but no soap or anything). I got it out quick and dried it off but it was working fine so I never turned it off (eek!). I did dry off the outside really good but that's it (eek!)

OP
N

NikkiK85

Reaction score
GREAT NEWS! It was just the battery!! I got a new one and the phone works perfectly now! :)