Well... Replacing the Droid 1...

porsche996

Reaction score
My phone stopped working correctly two days ago...touch screen lost all sensitivity on the left-third, and it starts randomly hitting the lower, center part of the screen all by itself. If you can somehow manage to get the dialer screen to pull up (hard to do in-between it's ghost button presses!!), it basically continually hits the #8 button over and over and...

Anyhoo, turns out I'm still under warranty, so Verizon is going to replace it. Overnighting a new one to me tomorrow.

Strange, though, as I didn't realize they still had any D1's available anymore??!! I'm assuming I'm getting a refurb model. Guess I'll know tomorrow. I was kinda' hoping they'd send me the "current" model (D2), but that's just asking for a bit much, don't you think?

Anyway, just wanted to drop a line saying Verizon was good to me in replacing the broken product. Here's to hoping I don't have anymore issues!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My phone stopped working correctly two days ago...touch screen lost all sensitivity on the left-third, and it starts randomly hitting the lower, center part of the screen all by itself. If you can somehow manage to get the dialer screen to pull up (hard to do in-between it's ghost button presses!!), it basically continually hits the #8 button over and over and...

Anyhoo, turns out I'm still under warranty, so Verizon is going to replace it. Overnighting a new one to me tomorrow.

Strange, though, as I didn't realize they still had any D1's available anymore??!! I'm assuming I'm getting a refurb model. Guess I'll know tomorrow. I was kinda' hoping they'd send me the "current" model (D2), but that's just asking for a bit much, don't you think?

Anyway, just wanted to drop a line saying Verizon was good to me in replacing the broken product. Here's to hoping I don't have anymore issues!

Yes, they certainly didn't have to do that. That's what insurance is for so be happy with your D1 refurb. You were very lucky.

OP
P

porsche996

Reaction score
Uhh, yeah they do have to replace it...it's still under Manufacturer's warranty (12 months)... I just didn't realize it's been less than 12 months since I got it!