Well I did it.... I bricked av $700.00 phone

dad2adammegan

Reaction score
I apologize that I don't remember the name of the rom I was trying to install but I do remember the reason I wanted to try it was this new "Perseus" kernel. After installing the rom my phone had no radio and when I tried to revert to my back up it bricked it. So please be careful who you trust with your phone.
I will find the name of the rom and report back as soon as I can.
In the meantime can anyone recommend a good rom that is not real heavy and allows muti windows with all apps.
I was looking at Scott's clean rom but it shows the same kernel.

pool_shark

Reaction score
You don't have to use that kernel with CleanROM, it's an option during installation.
You don't have to use it with Beans either.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm using the kernel with no issues... Did you not flash the Verizon version?

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

OP
dad2adammegan

dad2adammegan

Reaction score
It wasn't beans. I did try that one first and it worked fine. As for the Verizon version it was the Verizon note 2 version. Just wish I could remember the name of the rom.
I was thinking about trying clean rom.... maybe later.

OP
dad2adammegan

dad2adammegan

Reaction score
Just an update.
Purchaded my new (2nd) Note 2 and tried Scott's Clean Rom 1.0 and it is working great.
Not sure what happened with the other rom on my bricked Note 2 but this one is working well.
Going to see if I send it back to Samsung if they can help some how. All they can do is say no..... right.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OP
dad2adammegan

dad2adammegan

Reaction score
You can't fix a bricked phone.... in order to do any type of fix you must be able to connect to the laptop or at the very least be able to get to the keypad to do a hard key reset.
As for my bricked Note 2 Samsung is actually going to repair it for free. I explsined what I did and they are going to repair it.... even paying the shipping.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can't fix a bricked phone.... in order to do any type of fix you must be able to connect to the laptop or at the very least be able to get to the keypad to do a hard key reset.
As for my bricked Note 2 Samsung is actually going to repair it for free. I explsined what I did and they are going to repair it.... even paying the shipping.
No, when it's bricked you can definitely fix it. My friend hard bricked his device as well. Odin and/or ADB are your friends. Unless of course your phone simply just doesn't work.. but "Bricked" means while it won't turn on, there's ways to actually fix it still. Regardless, I'm glad you got a new phone! I'm running Beans Aroma with that kernel, fantastic.

OP
dad2adammegan

dad2adammegan

Reaction score
I appreciate your reply. My definition of bricked is when the phone will no longer boot to have access to a com port or the ability to do a key hard reset. I use oden also and enjoy it. At the moment I am running cleanRom 1.0. Working well for me for the moment.