Weird Stupid Problem

dannyboy

Reaction score
Ok so i just got a Droid 3 days ago and at the Verizon store i couldnt remember my google username and password. pathetic i know. and i did not have a gmail account. so the guy at the store told me wed make up a gmail account quick and when i get home to switch my google accounts. well i tried and it will not sync i think because the other one is already synced to my phone. i tried to explain this as best i could! any help is greatly appreciated! thanks!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
To change the primary Gmail account on the device you have to do a factory reset.

Have you tried to reset the password?

OP
D

dannyboy

Reaction score
will that erase all my apps and everything on my phone that i just installed? i did see the factory reset option on the screen but chickened out before i pressed it lol

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
will that erase all my apps and everything on my phone that i just installed? i did see the factory reset option on the screen but chickened out before i pressed it lol

If you change Gmail accounts you will lose your apps. They are tied to that gmail account.

Keep in mind that this is a Google phone. It's unfortunate how many people don't seem to realize that going in. Your contacts, your email, and your apps are all tied in with Google.

OP
D

dannyboy

Reaction score
well i wouldnt be changing gmail accounts? i just need to change the google account i have tied to the gmail account.

maybe im just confused lol

if i have a gmail account is that automatically tied into google?