Weird question (about phone compatibility)

TechPB

Reaction score
Okay so i know this is a droid phone forum, yes i do own a droid, and im proud of it, but my girlfriend owns the i*hone, well owned it. she recently got it stolen and she can get a new one fairly cheep but the catch is she is on at&t and its a Verizon i*hone. She and the person she talked to seemed to think that it will work with at&t ? am i missing something but i don't think it will work.. and i want to make sure she doesn't buy it and then cant use it, so anyone 100% they know the answer? Once again i doubt they will but im not 100% sure The answer would be much appreciated! thanks all

-TechPB

Last edited:

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Why not contact Verizon or ATT directly.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

OP
T

TechPB

Reaction score
Why? because she said that the guy at the at&t store said it would work but i have a feeling he has no idea what he's talking about..

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Why? because she said that the guy at the at&t store said it would work but i have a feeling he has no idea what he's talking about..

Why not? We're just trying to help you here. That is probably the best option. And I suggest you call. Since most of the reps don't have a clue about things like this.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Why not? We're just trying to help you here. That is probably the best option. And I suggest you call. Since most of the reps don't have a clue about things like this.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Why? because she said that the guy at the at&t store said it would work ..

You could even call Verizon and ask if am at&t iPhone would work on their network. If it won't work one way, it won't work the other.

Sent from the Unbrickable DROID

swikk

Reaction score
It's the radios and the networks they run on. Verizon's network is CDMA their iPhone is built w/ a cdma only radio, AT&T's is GSM. Even unlocked they are not at all cross-compatible.

There is talk that iPhone 5 may be "global" ie. Multi-band radio. But the 4 is not. As to the 5... that's a case of speculation for discussion in another forum on another site.

Btw. I was working as tier 2 tech support @ Verizon when they released the iPhone. So for this particular discussion that's as official its going to get w/o dialling 611 and getting bumped up to tech twice.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:

cobjones

Reaction score
It will not work... their networks are not even close to compatible.

You can call and waste 30 minutes, but I promise it won't.

I am also suprised by how only one or two people before me knew this.

Sent from Cyanodroid 2