Weird G-Mail Problem!!

svickstc

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I Have been having this weird problem with trying to add a gmail account. I have 2 gmail accounts and my main one is the one i created for android and my other is my school. I added the original one fine. I added my school gmail one day and it seemed to sync fine but is not there in my accounts, i try to add it again and it says its already been created, however, I cant find it to delete it or view it.

They are under my stock email app when i go to default account, but do not sync, and its not under my gmail app accounts

Please help!

Last edited:
OP
svickstc

svickstc

Reaction score
Its not showing up there and I cannot get to the settings within the inbox to remove account that way like I have done before in the past.

It only shows up in the settings within the inbox to change default email address..I can choose the one I want to delete but just gives me a connection error and no ability to edit the settings :(

I don't want to to a factory reset

doogald

Reaction score
Are you using the Gmail app or the Email app?

If you are using the Email app, why not try the Gmail app instead? For Gmail, it's a far better client.

OP
svickstc

svickstc

Reaction score
Using Email App because im not sure if Gmail app will accept my outlook emails

doogald

Reaction score
Using Email App because im not sure if Gmail app will accept my outlook emails

Why not use the Gmail app for your Gmail accounts, and any accounts that are Google apps for domains (it's rather easy to tell, as the web interface looks exactly like Gmail - because, of course, it is)? Use the stock email app for any accounts that are not gmail.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh, and if you went to Manage Apps/All/Email/Clear Data, wouldn't that delete both accounts from the Email app? You could then start over clean? Just a thought.

doogald

Reaction score
Why not use Gmail for all of the accounts, even Pop3 accounts? Using Gmail as your own personal push mail server

I actually did this as soon as they offered it several years ago. It's only 5 POP accounts (I think..), but that's enough for me. I moved my domain account over to Google apps as well. On Android especially, Gmail is so much better. Too bad it can't be an Exchange client, though ...