Weird Extended Battery Behavior

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I got it and put it in the charger at 25% at around 9:15pm. 3 1/2 hours later I turned it on and the screen and touch sensitivity seemed off and sluggish. So I decided while it was plugged in still charging at 77% to play Drag Racing for 5 or 10 min.

When I exited the game after that amount of time it was at 100%.... what's the deal? No way that could happen.

So I rebooted it and it still showed 100% but on boot it just showed the battery on the screen.

Did a battery pull (much easier to get it out than the standard, no keys necessary) and it came up normally at 96%. Now it's to 97%.

Could it have been malfunctioning and been fully charged in 3 1/2 hours?

What happened?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Are you using the charger that came with the Bionic?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Using the same charger I've been using with the standard battery which worked fine.

Droids

Reaction score
May be too early to tell SSH. I'm thinking I'll have to go through some full charge/discharge cycles before it behaves in a predictable way.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Could be, At 91% after 50 minutes of use mostly with the screen on.

I don't mind the weight or the feel. So hopefully it will last alot longer.

Infiniti87

Reaction score
A series of full discharges and recharges will be your best friend at this point. You need to recalibrate the phone to read the battery correctly. 3 or 4 should do the trick.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a similar problem with a dx charger w the extended... now I use the original 3 inch or whatever it is... zero issues now.... even w an extension cord its fine now

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums